Recommend me a camera tripod that will fit in a small rucksack, and will also extend to full size

Soldato
Hi,

My wife takes her camera (Fujifilm xt-20) with her everywhere.

She doesn't have a tripod and I want to get her a portable travel tripod.

Recommend me a camera tripod that will fit in a small rucksack, is light weight, and will also extend to full size.

I'm a complete newbie - Amazon seems like a minefield.

Can you help? Thank you :)

Associate
I got a Manfrotto Befree Carbon Fibre which I took on holiday to Italy a few months back. Carbon fibre is expensive (this was about £270), but so so worth it if you are lugging it about for extended periods.

I strapped it on the side of my small backpack (Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II with some paracord bracelet straps to hold it against the side) and it was a great size and weight to carry around. I don't think I could handle much heavier if I were wearing it all day.

I used it with a Ricoh GR and Olympus E-P5.

Caporegime
Soldato
For £1k tripod it better be good, I’m sure it’s a good recommendation and I know people tend to recommend what they purchased but OP being a newbie I’m not sure it’s a useful recommendation.

No he said he's a newbie... he's buying it for his wife.. you're still probably right though :)

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
SIRUI T-2205X T are really high quality with out going daft on price, although the cheaper sirui pod are good this is a real step up

Back
Top Bottom