1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a full sized weighted Midi Keyboard

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by easyrider, 3 Aug 2006.

1. easyrider

Caporegime

Any suggestions?

Needs to be weighted like a piano and be full size and be cheapish!

2. mks2005

Wise Guy

Check out the Axiom series by M-Audio. They are amazing value for money. If you want to save money some of the other M-Audio models are also good (with less features i.e. rotaries and sliders.). I own an Axiom 49 and can vouch for it being awesome.

3. ElRazur

Capodecina

I odnt know what you mean by "full size" (pardon my ignorance) but i use the Behringer UMX 61. - cost me £110.00

4. easyrider

Caporegime

Hi mean all octaves like a piano.

that Behringer UMX 61has not got weighted keys either but thanks for the input:)

5. simisker

Mobster

'Weighted' doesn't equate to 'feels moderately like a piano'; you'd need to look at 'hammer action' keyboards for that. And they're not cheap.

Search for the CME UF8 88-key hammer action keyboard. It's about as cheap as you're going to get for your requirements without going into the used market - £330 new; maybe less if shopping around or if there's one on t'eBay.

6. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

For the price I don't think you'll find anything better than the Fatar SL990 XP 88 Note Hammer Action @ only £239.99 (b-stock), these are really sturdy well made keyboards and the key action on them is great,

type "Fatar SL990 XP" into to google and it should be the first site

[​IMG]

"The SL-990XP provides an 88-note keyboard with full-size weighted hammer action keys that give a true piano feel. Thekeyboard features pitch and mod wheels. Performance control is available using program and bank change, transpose, MIDI channel change and 100 user memory locations. The SL-990XP provides MIDI Out and a sustain pedal input. An AC power adapter is included."

Last edited: 5 Aug 2006