1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a P4 motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Tesla, 30 May 2006.

1. Tesla

Capodecina

Here is the following criteria:

P4 2.5Ghz
    2 x 512mb DDR

On Board...
    LAN
    6 channel Audio
    1/2 decent graphics (not essential)

It must have either PCI-E (& O/B GFX) or AGP.

My customer also requires 5 IDE channels so I was thinking of adding a PCI IDE card too.

Or would it be possible to convert the HDD's to SATA and buy a motherboard with SATA?

2. split

Mobster

We can only recommend stuff on OCUK, and you won't find a P4 mobo.

Your prolly find something on a UK site, but I doubt you'll have much choice.

3. AWPC

Sgarrista

The items below fit the bill. You need to remember that getting a P4 Skt478 mobo is going to be hard now as no-one makes them anymore so you can only get stock which is old & been on the shelf for a while.

**B Grade** Epox EP-4PDA3I v3.x Intel 865PE (Socket 478) AGP Motherboard (MB-052-EP)
    EPoX uses the Intel i865PE + ICH5 controller to serve the Socket 478 platform. This EP-4PDA3I is equipped with 2/6 channel sound, an 10/100 Ethernet controller, 2x SATA and eight USB 2.0 ports.

- Full ATX form Factor Mainboard with Legacy PS/2, Serial, Parallel & Game Port
    - 4 DIMM sockets for upto 4GB of memory
    - 1 x AGP 8x Slot
    - 5 x PCI Slots for 33Mhz 32bit periperal devices
    - Two S-ATA ports with up to 150MBps bandwidth from ICH5
    - Onboard Realtek ALC-65x selectable 2 or 6-CH audio
    - Eight USB connectors compliant with USB2.0 (backwards compatible with USB 1.1 devices)
    - 100Mb Fast Ethernet from onboard Realtek RTL8100C controller
    - Smartfan™ function for noise / temperature control of CPU cooler
    - P80P onboard diagnostics module
    - Power BIOS functionality for access to EPoX''s legendary overclocking technology
    Originally sold at £25.00+VAT
    Price: £25.00 (£29.38 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Abit Serillel 2 (HD-000-AB)
    With this simple device, you can upgrade your IDE hard drive so that it can be used on a Serial ATA connection. If using a Silicon Image SATA controller, you can also convert your optical drives to run on the SATA ports.
    Full Specification
    Price: £12.95 (£15.22 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Highpoint Rocket133 2 Channel ATA Host Adaptor (CC-015-HP)
    The Rocket133 Host Adapter is a dual channel IDE controller card designed for use with ATA133 hard disk drives. The Rocket133 supports high speed transfer rates up to 133MB/s, as well as providing parallel access to it''s two, independent, ATA channels. The Rocket133 2 ATA channels combine to support up to 4 hard disk drives. The Rocket 133 Host Adapter breaks the current interface standard''s hard disk drive capacity limitations, and supports hard drives larger than 137GB.
    Full Specification
    Price: £18.50 (£21.74 Including VAT at 17.5%)

4. Tesla

Capodecina

Many thanks.

I was not aware that products that OcUK do not sell can not be recommended.

5. AWPC

Sgarrista

Read the FAQS. They only pay for these forums bandwidth to discuss their own products.

6. WJA96

Capodecina

I don't think that is correct. You can talk about any product you like - but you cannot talk about competitors or where you can buy products that OcUK do not sell.