Recommend me a restaurant in London

Soldato
there's a place in north london where you eat in pitch black. The people who serve and seat you are blind.

Pretty cool apparently.

Associate
jhmaeng said:
And he's going to eat at the Gordon Ramsay @ Claridges, how? :p That restaurant is almost as formal as they come. I doubt cargos would be particularly welcome...

I went to Claridges for my birthday in January (was super lush - though a bit poncy!), and there were two girls sat opposite us, both in tracksuits, real chavvy looking (sorry, i hate that word). One was on her phone for ages, the other left for a bit to go shopping and when the food turned up they loudly complained that they didn't like it! But to cut a long story short, i don't think cargo pants would look out of place if they allowed these girls in!

Associate
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOD]Asprilla
If it's your anniversary, why not take her up the Oxo? I've been up the Oxo before and it's great, but I'm having some difficulty persuading the other half.

http://www.oxotower.co.uk/indexIE.html

Quote:
I'm not sure about the Oxo, I've heard it can be a real squeeze to get into and I'm not sure my wife will enjoy it?

LMFAO - im pretty sure that was intentional, I love it! :)

G.

Soldato
OP
[DOD]Asprilla said:
I am so childish, I really am.

It worries me that I'm on your wavelength. :)

Well thanks to all for the suggestions - have got loads to pick from for next year!

Restaurant was good last night - dodgy frontage (no sign, down a seedy road in Soho where doors have printed notices reading "This is NOT a brothel, there are no prostitutes here."), but excellent, friendly service and very nice food. Was full too, we were lucky to get a cancellation.

Had lentil + vegetable soup to start, best end of lamb with dauphinoise potato and roast aubergine for main and a gorgeous chocolate mousse cake for pudding. £85 for the two of us including a bottle of fizz, not bad :)

Back
Top Bottom