Recommend me some trance?

Soldato
Locked down during Easter I was tinkering in Ableton Live and decided to write something upbeat. Never really written a Trance song before although I was huge into the scene 98-2000 and still have all my vinyl in storage. This song was completely put together in one sitting on Good Friday. It's kind of a homage to that early wave of European sound, those Friday nights back in 98 and all the good times that were had.

Hope it resonates with anyone who was there back in the day...stay safe.

Associate
Bryan Kearney is the absolute god mixing trance and keeping the energy with reworks etc. He is the best in the scene and has been for many years now, both as a producer and a Dj. Something a little different from him, again shows how good he is.

Associate
Bryan Kearney is the absolute god mixing trance and keeping the energy with reworks etc. He is the best in the scene and has been for many years now, both as a producer and a Dj. Something a little different from him, again shows how good he is.

I think Will Atkinson, John Askew and Simon Pattison are up there with him on sets and Atkinson has a much better range of tunes that he's produced. But they are all brilliant.

Personally I think Will Atkinson, John Askew and Simon Pattison are up there with him on sets and Atkinson has a much better range of tunes that he's produced. But they are all brilliant. Kearney at

I try to tell friends about Kearney etc when they go on about Ben Nicky. Like the way Askew and Jordan Suckley can mix fast and make a transition from one tune to another on point to the exact note rather than some random time that makes little sense. But if you like Ben Nicky you like Ben Nicky I guess really...

Man of Honour

Have mixed feelings on this one - the extended mix has some great bits but not sure it quite works overall but I'm a sucker for some Bobina.

Associate
I just put this mix together of old vocal stuff on my new XDJ-XZ..... hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/rdoyledj/raymond-doyle-vocal-trance-sessions

Track List
01 Above & Beyond - Alone Tonight (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
02 Above & Beyond ft Zoe Johnston - Good For Me (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
03 Above & Beyond - Home (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
04 Luminary - Amsterdam (Smith Pledger Remix)
05 Glenn Morrison feat. Cathy Burton - Symptoms Of A Stranger (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix)
06 Dark Matters, Jess Morgan - The Real You feat. Jess Morgan (Jorn Van Deynhoven Remix)
07 Julie Thompson, Super8 & Tab - My Enemy feat. Julie Thompson (Club Mix)
08 Greg Downey, Simon Patterson, Bo Bruce - Come To Me feat. Bo Bruce (Original Mix)
09 Above and Beyond pres. OceanLab - On a Good Day (Daniel Kandi Remix)
10 Gareth EmeryFeat Lucy Saunders - Sanctuary (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
11 Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Sirens of the Sea (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
12 Tom Colontonio, CiBon - The Sun feat. CiBon - Original Mix
13 Gareth Emery, Christina Novelli - Concrete Angel feat. Christina Novelli (John O'Callaghan Remix)
14 Defcon Audio, Julie Harrington - Lost In You - Jamie Walker Remix
15 Tom Colontonio, CiBon - The Sun feat. CiBon - Original Mi
16 Aly, Fila, Jwaydan - We Control The Sunlight feat. Jwaydan - Original Mix
17 John O'Callaghan & Bryan Kearney - Exactly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom