Recommend me some trance?

Permabanned
:Thread revive:

My next big club event - Above & Beyond - Godskitchen, Birmingham - March 21st. Anyone keen?

Also has anyone heard Sean Tyas' essential mix this week? I think I need to check it out

aaazza

Just finished listening to the essential mix, pretty good. I quite like the bootleg of AC/DC Thunderstruck.

Associate
I've been listening to "In search of sunrise 7" recently.. and I like these tracks a lot..

Airbase feat. Floria Ambra - Denial
Allure feat. Christian Burns - Power Of You
Cary Brothers - Ride (Tiesto Remix)

I do tend to prefere trance with vocals. Are there any others I should look into similar to the above tracks?

Soldato
OP
My word there is some brilliant trance around at the minute, i really enjoyed recording this

Maskell - Action at a Distance

Length: 70mins
Quality: 256kbps
Size: 130mb
Date: February 2009
Genre: Trance
Equipment: 2 x CDj200, Numark DM2050

01 - Antidote - Fantastic (EBM)
02 - DJ Fire - Transatlantic (Antidote)
03 - Gabriel Lukosz - Last One Out (Myon & Shane54)
04 - Galen Behr & Leon Bolier - Acapulco
05 - Ernesto & Bastian - Laserbrain
06 - Roger Shah pres. Savannah - Body Lotion (Inspiration)
07 - Jo Micali - Euphoria (original)
08 - Andy Blueman - Sea Tides
09 - Re:Locate feat. Menno de Jong - Spirit (Paul Miller)
10 - Avernus - Never Lose (Daniel Loubscher)
11 - Michael Vosch - Beautiful Dream
12 - Kuffdam & Plant - No way out

After putting some thought into my mixing 'style' I've realised in places i've tried to be a little too adventurous. I like to mix early in the track in a bid to carry energy but I'm really not good enough to pull it off at this stage and it just sounds like a bit of a mess. So this latest mix I've tried to slow it down a little and aim for slightly smoother transitions... hopefully it's an improvement.

Last edited:
Soldato
My word there is some brilliant trance around at the minute,

you're not wrong there, it's like 1999 all over ;) infact theres not much i don't like at the moment, loads of euphoric/uplifting stuff about too, which i'm really liking, i'm currently enjoying Ferrys new offering, we're all made of love - super8 & tab mix, more melodic than his normal stuff. Also, Daniel Kandi's mix of Kiholm - fragile, been out a while though that one.

Soldato
OP
Looks like a solid track list Grrrrr, Kuffdam - Network is a great new album worth listening to :)

I have to say i was a bit unsure about the album having heard 'burning up' which i think is very poor. After having had a quick listen through some of the tracks though it does sound quite promising

Kuffdam & Plant - Maziko, now there is a tune

Soldato
OP
you're not wrong there, it's like 1999 all over ;) infact theres not much i don't like at the moment, loads of euphoric/uplifting stuff about too, which i'm really liking, i'm currently enjoying Ferrys new offering, we're all made of love - super8 & tab mix, more melodic than his normal stuff. Also, Daniel Kandi's mix of Kiholm - fragile, been out a while though that one.

Yeah, there is loads of great uplifting and energetic tracks around, just as many quality tech trance tracks, some solid prog trance but unfortunately a big pile of terrible vocal tracks as well including 'Made of Love' which i can't stand... (sorry!)

Will check out that DK track :)

Soldato
lol, each to their own haha, i'm sure the love affair will be over pretty quick, but then i like all the anjuna stuff, above n beyond, thrillseekers and oceanlab, Kyau vs albert, Martin Roth, super8 and tab etc, i know its bordering commercial, my favourite of 2008 was thrillseekers - the last time.

To be honest, i've been out of touch for a good few years with trance, it's literally the last 3-4 months i've got right back into it, apart from a couple of tracks in 2007, cerf miiska and jarens track being one of them, and again, thrillseekers, forgot the name of it.

Soldato
OP
I think a lot of the Anjuna stuff is hit or miss, i go through phases of finding it really frustrating because every release seems the same as the last. But like i said there are also some cracking tracks. I think Discover is probably my favourite label, high tempo, energetic and 'banging'!

With regards vocal trance i don't dislike it all, 'The last Time' was indeed a brilliant track. I just think a lot of the recent releases are very samey, unoriginal and uninspiring. Ferry Corsten, JOC, Armin, Titonal, Andy Moor, I can't stand any of their recent vocal tracks. Gabriel Lukosz - Last One Out (Myon & Shane54) from my mix though i'm a big fan of

I feel i should mention Simon Patterson now, without a doubt he is the producer of the moment, everything he touches turns to gold and has done for many years now. His new track Thump is superb and his remix of Sam Sharp - Roundabout is even better. I saw him DJ last week and he was out of this world

Soldato
OP
Yeah i really like some of Andy Duguid's work and Wasted is brilliant. White Sands (vocal and beatless) and Hypocrisy (melodic trance) are my favourites though.

Here is an outstanding vocal track from a couple of years ago; George Acosta - War of Hearts (Vocal Mix). Try and get hold of it

Soldato
Discover stuff just sounds the same, predictable to be honest. Take that Kane Nelson track for instance, people are raving about it, but it just stinks of that typical Discover sound, and of course Activa's engineering.

Soldato
Balls to it! New mix i've done.....

R.O.S.S.I - The Essential Mix

Genre - Trance & Progressive
Running Time - 2:02:07
Bitrate - 320Kbps
File Size - 279MB

Mixed Live In Ableton

01) Deadmau5 - Arguru (R.O.S.S.I’s Piano Intro Re-Edit) [CD-R]
02) Mark Mendes - Beneath You [Cr2 Records]
03) Orli & Martie - White Flower (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix) [Kosmo Records]
04) Mat Zo - Aurus (Original Mix) [Soundpiercing]
05) Dodenback feat Joanna - Please Don’t Go (Chris Reece Remix) [Armada]
06) Armin van Buuren - Face to Face (Martin Roth Remix) [Armada]
07) Andy Moor - Fake Awake (R.O.S.S.I’s Elektrafied Bootleg) [CD-R]
08) Boom Jinx feat Thomas J Bergesen - Remember September (Duderstadt Remix) (Edit) [Anjunadeep]
09) Rapha - Pandora (Eddie Sender Remix) [Sensate Europe]
10) Lemon & Einar K - Anticipation (Original Mix) [Flashover]
11) C-Systems - Close My Eyes (Lemon & Einar K Remix) [DanceDP]
12) Daniel Kandi - Turnmills (Original Mix) [Cloud 9 Dance]
13) Georgia - Ode To 99 (Original mix) [Levare Recordings]
14) Oceania - Always (Stoneface & Terminal Remix) [Vandit Digital]
15) George Acosta - Fallin’ Backwards (Duderstadt Hard Dub) (R.O.S.S.I’s Vocal Re-edit) [CD-R]
16) Blank & Jones feat Bernard Sumner - Miracle Cure (Martin Roth Nu Style Dub Remix) [Maelstrom]
17) Matan Zohar - Our Self (Edit) [Intuition]
18) Lange vs Gareth Emery - Another You, Another Me (Original Mix) [Lange Recordings]
19) Eddie Sender vs Mauro Picotto - Wake Up Komodo (Eddie Sender Bootleg) [CD-R]
20) Veracocha - Carte Blanche (R.O.S.S.I’s Cosmic Break Edit) [CD-R]
21) Veracocha & Michael De Kooker vs Simon Patterson - Carte Smack (F1D0 Bootleg) [CD-R]
22) Paul van Dyk vs Lange vs Kyau & Albert - Out Of The Orange New York City Sky (R.O.S.S.I’s 1LiveRocker Remake) [CD-R]
23) Sia vs First State - The Girl You Lost Your Own Way (R.O.S.S.I Loves Tech Trance Bootleg) [CD-R]

not here

Last edited:
Caporegime
Discover stuff just sounds the same, predictable to be honest. Take that Kane Nelson track for instance, people are raving about it, but it just stinks of that typical Discover sound, and of course Activa's engineering.

I have to agree with this, I can spot a Discover track the second the bassline kicks in, and they are all bland, I got bored of them a few years ago, only a handful do I like, usually ones with strong riffs, like Thomas Datt - Distance.

On a different note, I'm rather disappointed by Armin van Buuren - Face to Face (Martin Roth), as it is a carbon copy of Roth's brilliant remix of Spring Breeze, bassline is the same, it even has the same reverse hihat at the end of each bar... I hate it when producers cop-out like this.

Soldato
I have to agree with this, I can spot a Discover track the second the bassline kicks in, and they are all bland, I got bored of them a few years ago, only a handful do I like, usually ones with strong riffs, like Thomas Datt - Distance.

On a different note, I'm rather disappointed by Armin van Buuren - Face to Face (Martin Roth), as it is a carbon copy of Roth's brilliant remix of Spring Breeze, bassline is the same, it even has the same reverse hihat at the end of each bar... I hate it when producers cop-out like this.

Yeh its definately the same bassline (or near enough), was contemplating doing a mashup of Spring Breeze and Face to Face as the bassline is so similar but I never got round to it.
Spring Breeze was one of my favourite tunes of 2008.

Super8 & Tab did the same recently, the bassline on their mix of Made Of Love is pretty much the same as the one they used for their remix of New York City.

I find it's the same with most Discover tunes, there's nothing much to them anymore, you can instantly recognise that Tyas'y or Activa sound straight off, and whilst it was good at first it's been done to death. Credit to Activa though, hes a very talented producer/engineer, and afaik is man behind quite a few big tracks lately.

Back
Top Bottom