1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendation of DVD-R's

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by Tens, 23 Jan 2006.

1. Tens

Gangster

Im putting in an order from the site and need some dvds, preferably a white face/blank and nothing too dark.
    I kno nothing about em so gimmie some ideas. 50 tub please or if the 25 tubs much better i get a few of em.

2. ultim

Hitman

you can never go wrong with Verbatim discs, although they might be the most expensive. Its worth it imo.

3. Tens

Gangster

cheers, was waiting for somoene to say sommit along them lines.

4. tom_e

Man of Honour

anything using a TY dye is usually good quality this is also the dye used in alot of verbatim discs so there worth the cash

5. Zephyrus

Hitman

I find Ritek to be good discs although not white topped, purple. Good dye too usually.

6. wam7

Perma Banned

Whatever you do stay away from Ritek G05 (typically full face printable -R 8x). Ritek are not what they used to be. I read about the degradation that happens to some of these batches and experienced it first hand when a mate gave me a batch to burn some stuff for him.

Disks that I burnt then immediately stored (and I know how to store disks :))after getting 94% quality, are now, 2 months later scaning with high POF's!

You have been warned! If you value your data and want it around in a few years then stick to Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden

7. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

Ive said it many times before on these forums, stay away from Ritek People. TY all the way, MCC dyes are very good aswell.

8. Lakeland

Soldato

what are DataWrite discs like?

9. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

Datawrite are an Enet brand, so pretty rubbish. They are constantly switching from one bad dye to another, occassionally dabbling in faked mids etc. Id stay away.

10. toy_soldier

PermaBanned

Ive used about 15 of 50 datawrite disks I bought and they seem fine so far. I think people exagerate the difference in disks, but thats just my opinion.

11. c@tbyte

Hitman

You may not be saying that in a few months time when you start to get read errors.
    Used to use the disks myself, but will only buy Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden now.

12. toy_soldier

PermaBanned

Yea your probably right, Ill get something else next time I buy some then :)

13. lmfy2k

Soldato

Ritek = stay clear - i burnt some data on some ritek 8x dvd-r (GO5) 2 months later (yesterday) i tried to read the data and low behold no data. So i tried all disks from that same batch and all were corrupt :(

so now anything with Taiyo Yuden = buy!

awesome quality and very long life.

14. wam7

Perma Banned

Yeah I would generally stay away from Datawrite though I have had good batches from them in the past with MCC 003 dye. I got excellent burns (often 98%/99% quality from Cd/Dvd Speed - Nero Toolkit) from them & the disks are still good!

15. ultim

Hitman

16. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

^Site from a guy named lordsmurf, useful tool for the basics, but the info is not always bang up to date, and does not have all the info. Cdfreaks forums are a great place to check out.

17. YooEntSinMeROYT

Mobster

I would concur with steering clear of Datawrite discs as well.
    Have had nothing but problems trying to burn the 8x discs using my Liteon burners.

18. toy_soldier

PermaBanned

Mine have all burnt fine so far, although like someone mentioned I might have problems in a few months time with lost data etc...hope not though!

19. samuel

Associate

Verbatim discs all the way, I've never had a problem with them.

20. valerian

Wise Guy

ive personally not had any problems with datawrite , however many of them wont play on other peoples dvd players