Recommended free / cheap editor for dashcam / phone camera videos?

Soldato
I recently took some videos illustrating problems with my GPU and uploaded them to Youtube. I would have liked to have edited them a bit before uploading. I've also had the odd sequence on my dashcam of idiots on the road, as well as spectacular rainbows, deer, and other good stuff. It would have been nice to be able to clip out those segments and upload them.

Now, I don't know what I actually need - this is where you come in!

Obviously I need the ability to clip out segments, but I likely also need to be able to join segments (e.g. when an incident has been saved across consecutive files on my dashcam. Picture-in-picture would be nice as I have front and rear cameras. Sound removal so as to avoid YT copyright issues. Captioning. What other features do I need?

PC spec in sig.

Soldato
Lightworks is free and will go from basic up to the top end.

I think humble bundle have a Magix bundle at the moment which has Vegas and although you'll pay, it's well worth the little money.

Soldato
OP
Thanks. I've downloaded all of those and can say that, without having viewed any tutorials, I have completely failed at even the simplest of tasks, cutting out a clip. I guess I better watch some tutorials. :)

Back
Top Bottom