• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Devil rx580 thermal pads

Associate
About to receive a used rx580 8gb Red Devil card and planning to replace the thermal paste & pads when cleaning it but I can't find what pads thickness I'll need for the vrm/ram.

Anyone knows anything about that?

Soldato
Not really something that often gets noted even if a site takes the card apart. Just measure them yourself when you get it. Though you'd be just as well leaving the current ones in place really. The soft ones that almost all graphics cards use aren't something that wear out. It's only those annoying hard, clay-like ones that are found on cards like the reference Vega 56/64 that are a pain in the bum, since they tend to break up when you remove the cooler. Or the fabric ones that Nvidia stick on their reference cards for the same reason.

Associate
OP
Not really something that often gets noted even if a site takes the card apart. Just measure them yourself when you get it. Though you'd be just as well leaving the current ones in place really. The soft ones that almost all graphics cards use aren't something that wear out. It's only those annoying hard, clay-like ones that are found on cards like the reference Vega 56/64 that are a pain in the bum, since they tend to break up when you remove the cooler. Or the fabric ones that Nvidia stick on their reference cards for the same reason.
Just learned that through reddit, I thought they worked kinda like paste and needed to be changed regularly.

The card is well maintained and not running to hot so I'll wait and redo the paste a bit later. Thanks for the info tho!

Back
Top Bottom