Reducing vibration on a hybrid/gravel bike

Soldato
I am thinking about putting some carbon forks and or a carbon handlebar on my hybrid to try and reduce vibrations/chatter on my bike. I mostly ride on gravel/cinder tracks around parks.

Has anyone done this and got decent results?

Soldato
OP
Get bigger tyres/move to tubeless and drop the pressures will probably be a cheaper/easier way to go.

Yeah, pressures I can't do much with as I'm a big (not fat :) so losing weight is NA) fella at about 100kg. I've just put some 43mm tyres on (up from 35) and that has helped a lot. Still feel it in my arms though.

Man of Honour
If it's your arse you're worried about get a Suntour SP12 and Selle seat

suntoursp12.jpg

selleseat.jpg

Soldato
Carbon forks and bars can make a big comfort difference, did on my old fatbike (On One Fatty Carbon fork and On One Knuckleball bars). Grips can help too, I fitted some On One foam grips, better than the default solid rubber offerings.

Recently fitted a set of 38mm Prime Primavera Carbon bars to my road bike and they are so comfy, even without tape.

Soldato
OP
If it's your arse you're worried about get a Suntour SP12 and Selle seat

I saw your thread earlier and am a bit jealous. Although my bum is okay, esp after moving to 43mm tyres :)

I also have one of these, which will do a similar thing except not so elegantly...

5e35211c2b999b022a427303-large.jpg

Soldato
OP
Carbon forks and bars can make a big comfort difference, did on my old fatbike (On One Fatty Carbon fork and On One Knuckleball bars). Grips can help too, I fitted some On One foam grips, better than the default solid rubber offerings.

Recently fitted a set of 38mm Prime Primavera Carbon bars to my road bike and they are so comfy, even without tape.

Aye, this is what I keep reading. My grips are pretty good (I think!) but my bike is very stiff.

Soldato
OP
Hey @SexyGreyFox, did you say you needed to shim your seat post?

The post I've bought is too big (so I can't shim it!) was wondering if maybe, if it suits us both you'd like to swap?

Back
Top Bottom