Refund for Speeding Ticket

Soldato
As usual the insurance hike depends on many things, what company, conviction, etc etc! I got 3 and 60fine 4 years ago doing 36 in a 30 leaving Edinburgh... done nothing to my insurance :)

Ah said here. I had an SP30 (46 in a 40) and SP50 (97 on the m'way) on my licence at one point giving me 6 points, didn't alter my insurance premiums. Though i was over 30 when they occured, maybe age had something to do with it also?

Soldato
Which is precisely why I'd asked. 3 points wouldn't normally bomb an insurance premium. However, having said that, I see the OP also said that the points where given to someone who had just passed their test. It could be different for someone in these circumstances.

Associate
Which is precisely why I'd asked. 3 points wouldn't normally bomb an insurance premium. However, having said that, I see the OP also said that the points where given to someone who had just passed their test. It could be different for someone in these circumstances.

depends on what the offence is, and with other details drivers age, car model etc. i seen policies increases by over £200 for sp30 3 points

Soldato
A friend got a refunded fine just this year. Apparently, the road was named incorrectly on either their database or the road so they had to refund everyone. She got the ticket about 6 years ago.

Soldato
But you got it in the end I take it?
Yep, in the end, but I had to go and take photo's of the hole and because the road ran right between two districts, neither council wanted to have anything to do with it, each one blaming the other one.

I could have probably earned a similar amount of cash doing overtime, as it was only a cheap wheel and tyre, but I was doing it more out of principle as it was more of a crater than a pothole... :(

Back
Top Bottom