1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refurb'd goods....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Visage, 22 May 2006.

1. Visage

PermaBanned

Been thinking about buying a refurb'd mp3 player for the missus.

I wont go into detail, as its from a competitor, but its about 40% cheaper than a 'new' one, and comes with a 12 month manufacturers guarantee.

Has anyone ever bought other gadgety stuff thats been refurbed? ANy problems? Issues?

Ta....

2. pyro

Capodecina

Dude if they give you a year's guarantee, why not?

3. DailyGeek

Mobster

If anything a refurb means someone has taken the potential problems out of it :)

4. mc_bob

Banned

I bought a refurbed, something cant remmember now but had no problems.
    Ah it was a mouse.
    Computer mouse btw.
    Was fine.

MC_Bob

5. Visage

PermaBanned

Thats my thought. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing.....

6. squiffy

Banned

I wouldn't buy a refurb.

7. Visage

PermaBanned

Why not?

8. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

It might have manuals, cables or packaging missing or scratches on it but in theory the product comes with a 12 month warranty so should be just as good as any other. I bought a refurbished phone not too long ago and that was fine apart from the noted Sony-Ericcson problem of the joystick knackering itself up all too soon, I had a months warranty so haven't bothered getting it sorted but since you have a years warranty I don't see the problem :)

9. squiffy

Banned

I've received refurb goods which are clearly faulty, the company denies it is faulty and just you...it's sold as a refurb so you don't have as many rights as brand new items. Usually 90 days. It requires legal action and on something worth £50-£200 isn't worth it. You also don't know of the condition why it was returned, condition/state of the battery (perhaps been overcharged by the previous owner) hard disc with bad sectors, intermittent dry solder joints, read errors etc. They don't test it properly.

Just pay out the extra IMO.

Last edited: 22 May 2006
  10. Bumhucker

Hitman

I bought a refurbished iPod last week. It's been great so far but iTunes is annoying me! :mad:

11. titchard

Soldato

That made me giggle.

i've bought refurb stuff and it's fine, and with a 12 month guarantee you can't go wrong, thats the same as the usual stuff!

Rich

12. Yewen

Capodecina

Most of my HiFi is refurb gear and its been fine, my chair is a refurb and it is also fine. :p

If it is cheaper get it, scratched up like nobodys buisness send it back saying you changed your mind under the distance selling act. :)

13. David _b

Wise Guy

Was hardly a little furry white mouse from the pet shop :D

14. mc_bob

Banned

Lmao, you never know

MC_Bob