Refusal to buy games because its not on steam

Soldato
Well the things I can say
Origin support is the best out there, at least my experience with them was great and fast
Steam support is slow as hell, they take around 28 days to reply one msg, but so far they solved my problem
Uplay support is the worst possible, the response time is okish, but they just come with pre-made answers most of the time

So I would buy Origin and Steam games, Uplay I'm not buying anything, I would like to play Division, but I'm not giving them money after all the headache I had with them.

Associate
Associate
Well the things I can say
Origin support is the best out there, at least my experience with them was great and fast
Steam support is slow as hell, they take around 28 days to reply one msg, but so far they solved my problem
Uplay support is the worst possible, the response time is okish, but they just come with pre-made answers most of the time

So I would buy Origin and Steam games, Uplay I'm not buying anything, I would like to play Division, but I'm not giving them money after all the headache I had with them.

Would have to agree with you on the Origin support. I have found them to be fantastic.

Soldato
The advantage to origin or uplay is that my downloads are always 17-20mb rather than the crappy 4-7mb on steam but this is purely down to steam being more popular and getting hammered more.

Associate
Well for one thing, the Windows store is platform exclusive. I.e. many games sold on the Windows store will only work on Windows 10. Sorry Mac, Linux and Windows 7 (or 8) users.

Soldato
I wouldn't go as far as refusing to buy a game if it's not on Steam but I would pay a little premium if I had the choice to have it on there. Mostly for convenience sake and to avoid buying games twice, actually happened recently when I didn't realise I already had DRM free copy of Banished.

In case of Ubisoft though I definitely wouldn't buy anything from them on release and feed their habits of releasing half baked games for ridiculous RRP and overpriced DLC galore. Only buy their games when on deep discounts, last one I got was Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition which was under a fiver.

EA have actually managed to clean up their act on Origin front though with great support, minimal client and even free odd games. Not so much on half baked games front and DLC mess that is Battlefield series and others but they are below the Ubisoft lot on the hated scale.

Back
Top Bottom