Refused credit...really?

Associate
I don't think it is a mistake, I think it's more likely a lack of credit history. I was the same, no debts, always paid my bills on time and had a credit card but rarely used it. So effectively you have very little credit history so they don't know how good you are at paying back money. I had to pay £150 deposit to get my iPhone with o2 which was refundable after 3 months, if I were you I'd get a free credit check just to make sure and then start using your credit card on a regular basis. I use mine instead of my debit card and just make sure it gets paid off before the end of the month so I don't pay interest.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise that 13k posts was indicative of me not normally reading what I'm replying to. :rolleyes:

There was also absolutely no need for you to be a rude ****, so put that one down to a lesson learned too. Just for reference: it's generally a good idea to actually have the moral high-ground before you try and dish out advice (and I'm aware of the subtle irony here).

sorry Nix but you're the one who's being a rude **** here. why don't you wind your neck in and consider that you're the only one who's at fault here.

Soldato
I have a credit card which I occasionally use, savings etc and never miss bills. No car, don't own a home, only debt I've ever had is a student loan. What could imply "bad credit"?
This may well be the problem. Having no "bad credit" doesn't mean you have a good credit score. It's all about how much money they think they can make out of you. Does seem a bit odd for a phone though

Nix

Nix

Soldato
sorry Nix but you're the one who's being a rude **** here. why don't you wind your neck in and consider that you're the only one who's at fault here.

No, he was rude for absolutely no reason. He can **** off for all I care. I held my hands up the second I realised the fault. I'm not winding anything in because I've done nothing wrong except respond in kind.

You can do one aswell if you're gonna be like that. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a similar experience. Was declined a credit card by my bank. They offered to send me a free credit report to see why. They sent me through a sparkling credit record, not a blemish on it. Gotta love computers eh. :)

Soldato
missus has an issue with credit, the girl she spoke to at Experian said that because she had 1 store card and an old savings account still pointed to her mums address that this was possibly the reason.

It could be anything, something really small.

Experian do free credit profiles so it may be worth checking it out :)

Associate
I got turned down for credit, turns out not ben on the electrol roll since 1996 lol. Still got the finance bt providing bank statments from the previous 4years with the same address.

Soldato
No, he was rude for absolutely no reason. He can **** off for all I care. I held my hands up the second I realised the fault. I'm not winding anything in because I've done nothing wrong except respond in kind.

I think you need to stop digging, 13k posts and you STILL don't read the OPs properly?

OP: to get a good credit rating you need to have debt you have never defaulted on. But as you say you got a credit card you use and pay off regularly, having your bank address not match your home address is a pretty bad idea generally.

Soldato

Roboffer's post could hardly be considered rude. He was merely confused by the relevance of your post. By contrast a response of "wind your neck in" by yourself is rude. Then you dig even further with a comment of "he can **** off for all I care".

I think you need to calm down a bit.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Probably a bad day :p wrong side of bed? wrong time of the month? meh :p

Anyway, Virgin once refused me a mobile phone contract due to me not having enough of a credit record to begin with but Orange had no problem in taking me onboard with a contract. Sometimes you just have to shop around but obviously not too much, I hear that having too many "credit check" stamps on your record looks bad as well.

Soldato
First contract I took out with T-Mobile 5 years ago they wanted a deposit which got returned after 3 months, now adays though they are happy to just hand out contracts to me left right and center without question.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
First contract I took out with T-Mobile 5 years ago they wanted a deposit which got returned after 3 months, now adays though they are happy to just hand out contracts to me left right and center without question.

Don't certain rceord stay on credit file for 5 years or so anyway?

Associate
I don't quite get credit companies either,

I got refused finance when trying to make an order on another competitor site a year ago, double checked all my details were correct before the online decision and I have hever missed any payments. Suppose its just one of those things really, I was still able to take out a new phone contract a month later though.

Liam

Associate
OP
Haha maybe I could order the same deal off the carphone warehouse if this o2 thing falls through :)
Or maybe I should just move to work - I reckon I could sleep there and the showers there are ultra-strong. Wouldn't have to pay rent or to commute AND my home address would then match my bank account address!

Back
Top Bottom