reheating food help !

Soldato
from the link I posted above said:
Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. Then, if the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea. Reheating the rice won't get rid of these toxins.

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
If it is well heated- piping hot. It kills any potential microbe.

No, just read the thread. PeterNem has posted an article that confirms the problem with rice.

Here is an extract from it:

Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. Then, if the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea. Reheating the rice won't get rid of these toxins.

Soldato
iCraig said:
No, just read the thread. PeterNem has posted an article that confirms the problem with rice.

Here is an extract from it:

Please, the article can be questioned. When the rice was bought, there are almost no (very low amount) of germs in it. If it was stored at room temperature and covered then, it is still not enough to cause food poisoning. The toxins as the article claim is not exactly produce in the food but when they get to the system.
The human body is partly able to get away with this via Present of dilute HCL acid in the stomach that helps breakdown any potential microbe. Even if the microbes manages to breach this system, it is still not enough to cause food poisoinig.
How many people eat microwaved rice? A lot , and yet incidence of food poisoining is only about 1500 cases in the uk year. Now this is a small number when compared to other illness.
Coming back to my point, the article is not entirely accurate and i still maintain that heating the food PROPERLY helps destroy the microbe. I did part of this in one of my essays in Uni.

Soldato
Bes said:
If 20 minutes immersed in boiling water doesn't kill them, 5 minutes in a microwave won't!

How will 20 minute of cooking (normal cooking not slow) not kill off a microbe? Then all babies shouldnt survive as it takes only 10mins for the sterilizer to kill off potential microbe in the feeding bottles.

Permabanned
ElRazur, I'm going to believe a government's department of health over you.

Also, you say the article can be questioned and isn't entirely accurate.

It's the same with you, I very much doubt just because you wrote an essay about it that you know more about a government body. ;)

Soldato
Last edited:

Bes

Bes

Soldato
ElRazur said:
How will 20 minute of cooking (normal cooking not slow) not kill off a microbe? Then all babies shouldnt survive as it takes only 10mins for the sterilizer to kill off potential microbe in the feeding bottles.
That is the worst post I have ever read.

You certainly fail to live up to one part of your sig, and its not the young, black, or cute part.

Permabanned
yer_averagejoe said:
Our government also tells us to wear sunscreen on a mildly sunny day. even when cloudy!

They don't tell you. They advise you if you have sensitive skin.

What's the matter, you don't like being made aware of the risks of UV radiation?

Soldato
iCraig said:
ElRazur,

It's the same with you, I very much doubt just because you wrote an essay about it that you know more about a government body. ;)

I did my research before writing that essay and i dont tend to argue in here over something i dont know.
Government policies as we all know are not entirely open and upfront but then, that is another debate.

Few question - why would bacillus survice 20mins of intense cooking? Dont forget the rice is in hot boiling water during this time. Yet a baby's sterillizer works in complete 10mintute cycle, after the feeding bottle is completely STERILISED?

Back
Top Bottom