reheating food help !

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Ideas are being constantly challenged and i would use one source as apoint of arguement or discussion. (I said article, because that's what i have been reading over the project period) :)

You seem to believe your theory on re-heating food is fact, whether or not it contradicts medical and health research carried out by government bodies.

They know what they're talking about, you only have limited knowledge.

You're even more arrogant than I first thought.

Associate
Dreadi said:
has been in sealed containers all night and is chicken fried rice and chicken chow main (thats not hoe you spell it tho)
No No No, bacteria will multiply quicker at room temp than if refrigerated, not all bacteria will be killed just by reheating :eek:

buy more loo roll and a have a handy bucket to hand if you do ;)

Soldato
Bes said:
That is the worst post I have ever read.

You certainly fail to live up to one part of your sig, and its not the young, black, or cute part.

If you dont understand something, perhabs you should ask me again. jibing aint exacly the way to go now or is it. :)

Soldato
iCraig said:
You seem to believe your theory on re-heating food is fact, whether or not it contradicts medical and health research carried out by government bodies.

They know what they're talking about, you only have limited knowledge.

You're even more arrogant than I first thought.

I never say that coming :rolleyes:
What you guys are basing your arguement upon is flawed that's all im saying and on top of that i gave my reasons, if that makes me an arrogant dude then i wanna be.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
ElRazur said:
I did my research before writing that essay and i dont tend to argue in here over something i dont know.
Government policies as we all know are not entirely open and upfront but then, that is another debate.

Few question - why would bacillus survice 20mins of intense cooking? Dont forget the rice is in hot boiling water during this time. Yet a baby's sterillizer works in complete 10mintute cycle, after the feeding bottle is completely STERILISED?
The fact of the matter is that the spores survive the cooking process and can multiply on the rice as it is cooling. Your essay and persistent arguing the toss does not change that.

Soldato
Bes said:
The fact of the matter is that the bacteria survives the cooking process and can multiply on the rice as it is cooling. Your essay and persistent arguing the toss does not change that.

Im asking you how would 20min of cooking at almost 100degree (if not more) not destroy that microbe? The protective wall will rupture at that extreme of temperature and destroy the whole microbe cell content period.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
if that's the case, why do these government bodies produce documents stating otherwise? Face it, you're wrong.... so it would be better if you swallowed your pride and stopped giving potentially dangerous advice out to other members.

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Im asking you how would 20min of cooking at almost 100degree (if not more) not destroy that microbe? The protective wall will rupture at that extreme of temperature and destroy the whole microbe cell content period.

Not all bacteria can be destroyed by boiling water. Why are you protesting against this, it is a scientific fact.

A large amount of the microbes will perish, but not all. Then when the rice is left at room temperature for a long time the bacteria begin to multiply again.

Soldato
iCraig said:
Not all bacteria can be destroyed by boiling water. Why are you protesting against this, it is a scientific fact.

Both of you are just trying too hard. Yes some bacteria can survive extreme of temp but not this one invole in the rice reheating debate.

Associate
ElRazur said:
*cough* hot thermal springs, microbes present at 150C *cough*

Bes

Bes

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Both of you are just trying too hard. Yes some bacteria can survive extreme of temp but not this one invole in the rice reheating debate.
sheesh you're stubborn as a greek mule aint ya?! I've said my bit- we all know you're wrong on this one-I'm not posting anything else on this.

Permabanned
ElRazur said:

Listen, I'll break it down for you.

1.) The rice is cooked in boiling water.
Most bacteria are destroyed, but some survive.

2.) Rice is eaten, end of story.

3.) Or if rice is left out at room temperature, the bacteria multiply. a lot.

4.) The rice is re-heaten and some of the bacteria is destoyed, but a lot of bacteria still remain.

5.) Rice is eaten and the person falls ill.

It doesn't happen everytime, but if rice is left out at room temperature for a significant amount of time, it should not be consumed.

Understand now?

Associate
iCraig said:
Listen, I'll break it down for you.

1.) The rice is cooked in boiling water.
Most bacteria are destroyed, but some survive.

2.) Rice is eaten, end of story.

3.) Or if rice is left out at room temperature, the bacteria multiply. a lot.

4.) The rice is re-heaten and some of the bacteria is destoyed, but a lot of bacteria still remain.

5.) Rice is eaten and the person falls ill.

It doesn't happen everytime, but if rice is left out at room temperature for a significant amount of time, it should not be consumed.

Understand now?
Sounds good to me :)

Soldato
iCraig said:
Listen, I'll break it down for you.?

I got it the first time, bacillus cerus are known to survive up to 75degrees due to it having a heat-resistant endospore (a protective coating). The protective coating is destroyed from temperature above 75d. This can be easily surpassed when cooking rice, temp can reach 130degree plus, so explain to me how it will survive?
The biological properties start to fall apart and once the protective case is destroyed, it is the end of the bacillus bacteria.

Depending on how you cook the rice, if any do survive (which is a lesser chance) your body's dilute hydrocholric acid in your stomach see to their destruction via lysis (they literally melt inside the pool of acid).

Even if any still survive, your immune system kicks in using various pathways to deal with it. e.g Complement activation, complement pathway (if needede etc). All in all, you will need a fair amount of them in you to make you sick.

Last edited:
Permabanned
So pray tell then, why is it that the medical scientists who have conducted research on all of this, don't have the same evidence as you?

You're telling me, a guy off an internet forum, who struggles to talk coherent English, knows more about it that all the health and safety commisions?

Stop digging, just swallow your pride and admit that you were incorrect with your advice afterall. You're just looking like a bit of a fool mate now. :)

Soldato
iCraig said:
So pray tell then, why is it that the medical scientists who have conducted research on all of this, don't have the same evidence as you?

You're telling me, a guy off an internet forum, who struggles to talk coherent English, knows more about it that all the health and safety commisions?

Stop digging, just swallow your pride and admit that you were incorrect with your advice afterall. You're just looking like a bit of a fool mate now. :)

Haa, once again, i didnt see that coming again :rolleyes: English might not be my strong point (Bet your arse you cant string a sentence in my language though) :) but i do know when something is flawed and i will argue that. You keep saying im this, im that....come on man, If you wanna have a debate please do so and not keep jibing (Gwad im supposed to be the unintelligent one apparently :rolleyes: )

HPA (Health protection Agency) only gives guidelines etc but it is not as uptodate as info coming out every now and then in the science world, they tend to sit back take a look at different things before another guildline is drawn.

Seriously, when you wanna debate over this, i am up for it. :)

EDIT
My lecturer must be wrong too and they whole lot of us in the class has been fed rubbish too [rollseyes]

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Haa, once again, i didnt see that coming again :rolleyes: English might not be my strong point (Bet your arse you cant string a sentence in my language though)

I can:

"I woz born in da 'ood an' I iz rappin' for da wespect fo' sho'.

Yo iz u lking it blud?

Permabanned
I'm not going to bite anymore.

You ElRazur have more scientific knowledge and research under your belt on food standards, than various government bodies.

I mean of course you do, how silly of me to think otherwise.

Associate
ElRazur said:
Dont be daft, see what i posted. Yes some bacteria are known to survive extreme of temp BUT bacillus cerus can only withstand heat up to 75dc, after that it ruptures.
*cough* Link *cough*

http://www.safefood.net.au/content.cfm?sid=474 said:
Outbreaks

Many outbreaks in Australia and other industrialised countries have been associated with the consumption of rice, especially fried rice. There is a tendency to store boiled rice at ambient temperature a long periods of time before frying and consumption. This allows B. cereus spores, which survived the boiling to germinate, grow and produce toxin. The heat-stable toxin is not inactivated during frying. In the USA in 1985, 11 people became ill after dining in a Japanese restaurant, some while they were still in the restaurant. The onset time for the illness ranged from 30 minutes to 5 hours. All reported symptoms of nausea and vomiting, with some also experiencing diarrhoea.

Back
Top Bottom