reheating food help !

Soldato
iCraig said:
I'm not going to bite anymore.

You ElRazur have more scientific knowledge and research under your belt on food standards, than various government bodies.

I mean of course you do, how silly of me to think otherwise.

Perhaps you should, if you have the relevant fact to back it up other than a flawed link.

I dont claim to know it all and quit potraying that, it makes you look weak and a sore loser.

Soldato
iCraig said:
So pray tell then, why is it that the medical scientists who have conducted research on all of this, don't have the same evidence as you?

You're telling me, a guy off an internet forum, who struggles to talk coherent English, knows more about it that all the health and safety commisions?

Stop digging, just swallow your pride and admit that you were incorrect with your advice afterall. You're just looking like a bit of a fool mate now. :)

El Razur isn't talking complete ********, to be fair. I think he is just being as cynical as many of us who'll just bung something in the microwave or the pan and blast it for a few minutes, and nothing bad ever comes about. Bacillus cereus is not anything like those bacteria that have been found to survive on underwater thermal springs, so that comparison isn't very good. Reheating or not, as long as you get it to a sufficient temperature then 99% of the time you will be absolutely fine, even if you ingest whatever remains of any bacteria there are.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
ElRazur said:
I dont claim to know it all

You could've fooled me.

ElRazur.jpg

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Perhaps you should, if you have the relevant fact to back it up other than a flawed link.

I dont claim to know it all and quit potraying that, it makes you look weak and a sore loser.

Who says the link is flawed? Just you.

Like I said, I'm happy to believe you if you had any actual evidence apart from irrelevant Google results mixed together in a nonsensical post.

We have shown you several links that back up the fact that re-heating rice that has been left out at room temperature can cause illness.

I really don't understand why you are fighting tooth and nail over this when there is no way you can be as correct as you think you are.

Soldato
From the same site it says it can withstand heat up to 75dc and should be heated over that figure....erm, aint that what i have been saying? :rolleyes:

Prevention

Cool hot foods quickly. Do not stored perishable foods within the Temperature Danger Zone (5°C to 60°C). Always evenly reheat food to above 75°C. When reheating in a microwave, periodically stir the food to ensure even heating. Do not store precooked foods under refrigeration for excessive periods of time

Again, heating the food to piping hot, as i mentioned earlier.
The only reason, it says stir the food is to avoid "cold patch" and ensure even heat distribution. Microwave technology is moved on from that. Gwad.

Permabanned
Do not stored perishable foods within the Temperature Danger Zone (5°C to 60°C).

That's from your own snippet. I mean, why are you still arguing, even your own posts are contradicting your theories?

They are saying, right there, that you should not store the perishable foods (this includes rice) and then re-heat basically.

You are 100% correct that cooking rice and eating it is fine, but not if it has been left out at room temperature beforehand!

The risk of falling ill justifies a health advisory that the government issue.

I swear, I'm going to eat my desk out of frustration in a minute.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nobski said:
Errr, what about the heat-stable toxin that these bacteria cause that results in food poisoning ?

You clearly dont have any idea.

Heat-stable = A protective coating (made of proteins and polysaccharide) that can stand heat UP TO A CERTAIN TEMP. After that, it start to rupture. It is similar to a viral capsule etc.

It dosent exactly cause food poisoing but the LPS inside the coating causes it. This happen in the inside (stomach) where the condition is right for it to open up.

EDIT
Bullet proof vest will only prevent bullet entry up to some point....same idea!

Last edited:
Soldato
iCraig said:
That's from your own snippet. I mean, why are you still arguing, even your own posts are contradicting your theories?

They are saying, right there, that you should not store the perishable foods (this includes rice) and then re-heat basically.

You are 100% correct that cooking rice and eating it is fine, but not if it has been left out at room temperature beforehand!

The risk of falling ill justifies a health advisory that the government issue.

I swear, I'm going to eat my desk out of frustration in a minute.

I think my arguement all along is been around, the proper microwaving of food and the proper cooking of it will make it safe and virtually microbe* free for consumption.

*one that is able to cause you harm

EDIT
Just for the record, i didnt google anything for this debate, i recently did something similar in Uni before.

Last edited:
Associate
ElRazur said:
You clearly dont have any idea.!
Oh dear, well I have a biology degree and lecture on a bsc hons course at university so while I am not the oracle I might know a bit :p

ElRazur said:
Heat-stable = A protective coating (made of proteins and polysaccharide) that can stand heat UP TO A CERTAIN TEMP. After that, it start to rupture. It is similar to a viral capsule etc.
It dosent exactly cause food poisoing but the LPS inside the coating causes it. This happen in the inside (stomach) where the condition is right for it to open up.
EDIT
Bullet proof vest will only prevent bullet entry up to some point....same idea!
While I can see where you are coming from, the cooking process will not destroy many of these heat stable toxins once they are formed in the food so leaving food at a temperature optimal for bacterial growth -> lots of toxins -> more than your body can cope with = illness

Soldato
Can you tell me which of the following subjects you're doing, that your university provide, that gives you such knowledge?:
* Acting and Directing
* Animation
* Architecture, Artefact and Spatial Design
* Art and Design
* Art History
* Arts Management
* Beauty Therapy
* Book Arts
* Buying and Merchandising
* Ceramics
* Conservation
* Cosmetic Science