Releasing to OS Community?

Associate
Right.

i completed my final year project/dissertation last year. it was basically a small business tool, which used google maps and an sms gateway and acted as a task managment system for a small business.

it was all testing and prototyping, trying to see if i could develop something using open source software to aid small business`s with their operation to reduce costs etc.

now the company i used to test it are now wanting to use it again, as they said it was a really good idea.

my code is shoddy, and it was a huge project, using php/mysql.

i was thinking about releasing my code to the OS community, but it`ll probably get ridiculed. i want to redevelop it, using OOP PHP. but i kinda dont have time to take on the whole thing myself.

what would i lose in doing this. i know i can`t profit from the idea really because i used open source apps, unless i wrote it all myself (the mapping software, gps data,etc)

where do i start?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i think it could make money actually, if it was offered as a service, run on servers, and accessed securly on those servers, with the sms gateway etc all on there. A Web based tool, accessible on mobiles/PDA`s, and laptops.

i dont have the coding expertise to pull it off. ..

Back
Top Bottom