Removing bird poop leftovers

Associate
monkeyspank said:
So do you use wax after polishing? I've got some Autoglym ultra deep shine, that's a polish right? So what should I use afterwards, if anything?
:confused:

Same question as monkey, I usally wash, dry and then polish my car. Thought wax/polish were the same sort of thing really and never used both! Whats the best way to use them/what order?

Soldato
Ukadder said:
Same question as monkey, I usally wash, dry and then polish my car. Thought wax/polish were the same sort of thing really and never used both! Whats the best way to use them/what order?

A common misconception.

A polish is abrasive and removes a very fine layer of the surface of the paint - hence why you shouldn't do it too often!

A wax is a sealant which protects against the elements and it also makes the car look glossy.

So for a proper arm breaking session; Wash -> Polish -> Wax

Usually polish on either special occasions or every 6 months or so unless the paintwork feels like sandpaper. One thing for sure though - if you polish a car, don't ever leave it 'naked'. Wax it straight away to protect the paint, otherwise you may as well not of bothered polishing it!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Lowe said:
A common misconception.

A polish is abrasive and removes a very fine layer of the surface of the paint - hence why you shouldn't do it too often!

A wax is a sealant which protects against the elements and it also makes the car look glossy.

So for a proper arm breaking session; Wash -> Polish -> Wax

Usually polish on either special occasions or every 6 months or so unless the paintwork feels like sandpaper. One thing for sure though - if you polish a car, don't ever leave it 'naked'. Wax it straight away to protect the paint, otherwise you may as well not of bothered polishing it!

Can you put wax on top of wax if you want?
If so how many layers can you do?

Associate
Lowe said:
...snip... don't ever leave it 'naked'. Wax it straight away to protect the paint, otherwise you may as well not of bothered polishing it!

Bugger, all these years and I've never waxed my cars, polished it last weekend as well! Looks like I know my job for this weekend....

Anyone recommend a good wax? and any waxing tips?

Soldato
Zip said:
Can you put wax on top of wax if you want?
If so how many layers can you do?
Yeah theres no limit to how many applications of wax you can put on. During the summer my car gets waxed every other week and in the winter normally about once every 4 to 6 weeks. The paint is so well protected that I only use a very mild polish once a year and even then I question whether it was worth using it or not.

Soldato
Ukadder said:
Bugger, all these years and I've never waxed my cars, polished it last weekend as well! Looks like I know my job for this weekend....

Anyone recommend a good wax? and any waxing tips?

Eidolon seems to like the meguiars nxt tech wax and his car is lovely and spangly. Think i might try some of that.

Back
Top Bottom