Removing Thunderflies from your monitor screen

Soldato
Bah, forgot this as a problem... Mustn't be a thing on new panels, they've fixed the issue!

Just using an old, c. 2015 Dell panel now though and I've had a thunderfly move about initially and now it appears to have died. Pretty much centre of the screen. Bloody things!

Soldato
Bah, forgot this as a problem... Mustn't be a thing on new panels, they've fixed the issue!
Nope. Got several in my shiny new Gigabyte monitor. This is the third one I've lost to the little *****. Really ****** off, as this latest one cost insane money and I haven't even finished paying it off yet!

What's worse is that the ******** never get stuck and die in the work laptop screen, which I don't give two ***** about...

Soldato
I bit the bullet and ran fours strips of that magic clear tape around the edges of my TV and laptop in an attempt to stop them getting in through any gaps between the front glass and the bezel surround. It's actually not that visible when its on. Wish I'd thought of it earlier to be honest. Not sure if they still able to get in through the side and back vents though, but I've always thought the most direct route for the little sods would be to land on the outside of the front glass and go up and over so to speak, so at least they can't do that now.

Back
Top Bottom