Renowned journalist resigns in protest of attacks on press freedom

Caporegime
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/29/journalist-glenn-greenwald-resigns-the-intercept

Basically, a journalist called Glenn Greenwald wanted to cover the Biden scandal that social media have been actively suppressing, mainstream media have black holed and OCUK locked the thread I made on but he wasn't allowed to, so he has resigned in protest.

We keep hearing that Trump is attacking the freedom of the corporate mainstream media but here we have evidence of the corporations themselves attacking the freedom of their own journalists.

Have modern journalists just become glorified script readers for billionaires?

Soldato
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/29/journalist-glenn-greenwald-resigns-the-intercept

Basically, a journalist called Glenn Greenwald wanted to cover the Biden scandal that social media have been actively suppressing, mainstream media have black holed and OCUK locked the thread I made on but he wasn't allowed to, so he has resigned in protest.

We keep hearing that Trump is attacking the freedom of the corporate mainstream media but here we have evidence of the corporations themselves attacking the freedom of their own journalists.

No

Permabanned

Absolutely

Caporegime
It's pretty obvious at this point that the media and megacorporations are doing everything they can to secure a Biden win. This sort of meddling should worry everyone on all sides, but people do not care these days as long as their candidate wins...

Caporegime

Give it a rest.

All you ever do is post inane CT nonsense, no one cares enough other than to mock you constantly.

Caporegime
It's pretty obvious at this point that the media and megacorporations are doing everything they can to secure a Biden win. This sort of meddling should worry everyone on all sides, but people do not care these days as long as their candidate wins...
Lol no just no.
The Republicans and Trump are doing a fine job of helping Biden win themselves with their constant screw ups.

Soldato
I noticed that the MSM is not showing any footage of the multiple occasions where Biden is just spouting incomprehensible gibberish.

My favourite is where the guy signing ASL just shrugs and gives an “I got nothing” gesture.

Commissario

I thought the Guardian was lefty liberal SJW ********* commie news?

And editors refusing to take on a story that they know is bovine excrement is not censorship, it's what editors are there to do on any reputable news service - attempt to make sure that the stories being covered are at least minimally factually correct and every single journalist working for any outlet with a modicum of journalistic integrity will usually have a long list of stories their editors have looked at and gone "nope, not unless you can show me a reliable source" and an even longer list of stories they themselves put to one side because they couldn't get reliable information.

It's alright though, we understand why you don't understand that that there is a difference between fact and fiction.

Commissario
I noticed that the MSM is not showing any footage of the multiple occasions where Biden is just spouting incomprehensible gibberish.

My favourite is where the guy signing ASL just shrugs and gives an “I got nothing” gesture.
Did the guy signing do that?

Or was that an actual translation of what was said?
I've seen a few people comment about how someone translating into sign has made a rude gesture etc when it turns out they've used the exact correct sign for what was said.

Soldato
Probably not the right place in GD.

It's disturbing how the main media outlets both on and offline aren't even wanting to write about it in public.

But this as been going on for many years.

Soldato
I don't think that one elderly American gent is better than another elderly American gent when clearly both have family issues and corruption overseas issues and probably a degree of dementia as well.

Back
Top Bottom