Repainting a pinstripe.

DM

DM

Permabanned
Hi all,

Do you think a body shop would be able to repaint a car coachline / pinstripe? Or am i going to have to find someone that does shop fronts etc.

I dont want a stick on one.

Soldato
Factory ones are almost always stickers. Painting anything other than a single colour becomes massively more complex. You'll notice two-tone cars usually have a trim piece covering the transition.

Caporegime
Pinstriping is done with a brush. Well it is when it's done properly. Anyone trying to mask off areas and do pinstripes with a gun, needs shooting.

DM

DM

Permabanned
OP
Pinstriping is done with a brush. Well it is when it's done properly. Anyone trying to mask off areas and do pinstripes with a gun, needs shooting.

Yea i knew that, i was just wondering where i am going to find someone up to the job.

Its on an oldish Jag i have which i want to keep original, so a sticker isnt an option.

On both the front wings sadly the pinstripe has a small gap in it, probably the only blemish on the car.

Whenever i open the garage and look at it, it hits me straight in the eye, so i want it done.

Man of Honour
Your best bet, if you can't find a proper old school custom painter, is to find someone who does coach painting or signwriting for buses/coaches that sort of thing.

The trend these days is to use vinyl but a lot of vehicles will still be painted, much of it by hand.

Back
Top Bottom