Repairing interior plastic

Soldato
Hi guys, we recently got a new car (fiesta st mk 8), however I've noticed a scratch on the interior plastic (rear door) What's a good product to use to repair it, its the textured type of plastic. Can attach pics if it helps.

Soldato
OP
y4mE_XwlxtbhnjN8Cc4oLxYVnjDouk6g4SMSbBamx6emm05kmH5AcsdV_UH0m3R9TMbZA1rvt4H-0JxB2WMLZirxMbKDX9zwzyPWqrkbY1zI-SkxuZzBYZHdh6Y23-JYUVqChgKhXVDajNwubqoORK4gnGiN5Ugt5x8EEkO6vJVLR6eaHZW6KxiIn5CfwUb1mZz

y4m-6ut7tNaN_X-PtX1AxUZ7xnTBHjXm-s4dQgwFYwpDs2Nc0znKRYYRfCncs1Li874so96EhjDN6Aexd4VRRijpF7LnM-yH53pKfBSXclx9b6PNaJ3Ss5zIoEDX8DE1qttqopUpB6qYQECDu8Z9RSnkjTaAmr9CCFTqjPm3ioRRi2xUWsHGX4NavoxnzFmWNsK

Sorry for the link, the forum won't let me log in from my PC, and my phone doesn't generate embed links from the onedrive app, and won't login into Hotmail (goes straight to ap).

Edit fixed it.

Soldato
That is definitely worse than I was expecting when you mentioned it. Dealer not being helpful?

I'd be looking at door card replacement from a scrapped Fiesta personally.

Soldato
OP
That is definitely worse than I was expecting when you mentioned it. Dealer not being helpful?

I'd be looking at door card replacement from a scrapped Fiesta personally.
Not massively, it was delivered to us and I'm kicking myself for nut giving the car a thorough going over:mad:. The dealer is 3 hours away, so I'm not driving to replace it, I thought if I mentioned it he might come out and offer a new door card.

Associate
Curious too I have some scratched plastic.
I’ve seen heat gun suggested but not confident doing that personally lol.

Mines not as bad as that but looks like buying a replacement part maybe the best option. My main one on the glovebox and can get a replacement under £30 so not too bad.

But curious to see if anything can be done about scuffs and scratches elsewhere that are less prominent.

If you’re looking at new car door card you could look out for models of your car that are being broken down for parts, might snag yourself a deal.
Usually on a lot of these Facebook enthusiasts groups.

Soldato
Sex jokes aside, she loads the kids in si will see it every day. I've found one on ebay for 35 quid, was there any differences between different mk 8fiestas (aside from electric windows) and the St?
There shouldn't be, just make sure it's electric and has the right fabric/leather if it's matched. Also be really selective... They come up loads and you may get one in worse condition than the one you have. Scrappies aren't best at 'mint'.

Associate
was going to say if it was something exotic no doubt a trim compant ala chips away type firm could come ot and mobile repair it. i once reshelled a transit and the dash was fairly badly marked as in cuts to the textured plastic surface from the windscreen coming in, was repaired mobile for about 75 quid flatted retexturred and spray painted back to proper colour and finish , everything done from the back of his van.
but at 50 quid i would want to make sure the trim colour matches first be horrible to get one slightly off colour.

Soldato
OP
was going to say if it was something exotic no doubt a trim compant ala chips away type firm could come ot and mobile repair it. i once reshelled a transit and the dash was fairly badly marked as in cuts to the textured plastic surface from the windscreen coming in, was repaired mobile for about 75 quid flatted retexturred and spray painted back to proper colour and finish , everything done from the back of his van.
but at 50 quid i would want to make sure the trim colour matches first be horrible to get one slightly off colour.
I was going off the cost of one from my 911 which had leather/leatherette (and obviously large Porsche tax).

Back
Top Bottom