Replace Gas Cooker with Electric - But worried about electrical socket

Associate
I would like to replace the gas cooker with a electric one with dual oven and induction hob. However I am concerned if I was to buy one the installers would not fit it due to the socket location as per the photo below.

Associate
I would like to replace the gas cooker with a electric one with dual oven and induction hob. However I am concerned if I was to buy one the installers would not fit it due to the socket location as per the photo below.

If i remember correct they will chase a cable from the back of that switch to under the cupboards and directly wire it into the new oven, might have to remove the 2 tiles above the worktop but they might be able to come from underneath depends how it is

Associate
OP
Looking at the back of the existing cooker it is already cabled in for the clock and light into that switch. I am worried as the switch is above the cooker and in the "hot zone" as per Part P regulations...

Soldato
You might have a socket lower down.

Also depending on oven could be 13a or more our older electric oven could not be wired up to 13a plug had to be wired into oven isolated guess must use more than the 3.3kW max from a regular socket

Man of Honour
No idea but before we redecorated the kitchen we had the switch in a similar position but a few inches over to the side (about 4 inches closer to the toaster) and that was the closest regulations would allow it.

Associate
You might have a socket lower down.

Also depending on oven could be 13a or more our older electric oven could not be wired up to 13a plug had to be wired into oven isolated guess must use more than the 3.3kW max from a regular socket

Yeah was about to say this this is what we had to look for, as the spark and clock dont need the power like the oven. He needs to see if its direct to the fuse board dedicated for the cooker .

Soldato
Looking at the back of the existing cooker it is already cabled in for the clock and light into that switch. I am worried as the switch is above the cooker and in the "hot zone" as per Part P regulations...

That's the thing that would scream out.

Back
Top Bottom