• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Replacement 8800GTX - bad idea?

Associate
My 8800GTX has failed .... I was thinking of replacing it with the same, which on the surface seems a bad idea.

But...

I have a bunch of exotic cooling parts that make it silent
The card is more than capable for everything I do
The replacement is £70 (refurb from OcUK)

So, should I just get another 8800GTX?

... is refurb a bad idea?

Soldato
there are still quite a few ppl using the 8800 series, so u could prolly sell the extra cooling parts to fund a new GPU.

it depends if silence or gaming performance is more important to u.

i never really cared for silence, considering when i play games i have the sound on, and cant hear the fans over the speakers anyways :p

Associate
If its something like the HR-03+ you've got on there, which unfortunately doesn't fit on anything else then maybe look at picking on up 2nd hand. They seem to be going pretty cheap atm (I'm in the same situation but while my GTX holds its own for most things I do I'll take silence over forking out more money for better GFX)

Back
Top Bottom