1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Replacement" Batteries

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by JBuk, 16 Feb 2006.

1. JBuk

Capodecina

I`ve been looking for a few spare batteries for my 20D and first off found the official bp511a battery - this retails around £45, quite expensive :(

But as i looked on google and auction sites i notice a lot of places seling "replacement batteries" - now these are dirt cheap, some places ive seen for less than £10

Does anyone here use replacements? are they safe to use? do they last as long as the proper canon ones?

would i be being a bit silly splashing out on a 20d then skimping on batteries? heh

2. Ghost in the Shell

Wise Guy

i use replacements they are fine and in fact you can get higher mA rated ones so in effect they are better. id recommend them

3. Strax

Hitman

I got a replacement battery for my D50, it is rated higher than the official Nikon one and only cost £7. This was from an online auction site. No problems with it so far

4. JBuk

Capodecina

great :)

in that case i think ill get 2 or 3 spares :)

5. AndyBorzi

Wise Guy

Yeah, my wife and I bought 4 from ebay and they seem to last longer than the canons own make (we use a 300d & a 20d). Think they cost about £10 each

6. Scope

Hitman

In the future I will certainly stick to replacement batteries, as they are not only more or less identical to the original batteries, but also 1/4 of the price.. I've got 1 original and 1 replacement to both of my cameras, and honestly I can not tell the difference between the two batteries.

7. The_blue

Mobster

i have 4 and all work better than the orig :)