Replacement camera lens iPhone 11 Pro

Soldato
I stupid managed to jam my iPhone in my wife’s boot and smashed one of the camera lens. I decided to buy some from eBay, managed to remove the old broken one and fit the new one but it looks completely different and will obviously devalue it when I come to sell, just wondering if anyone knows where if possible to get a oem one from? I thought it was worth a punt over claiming on insurance with excess but fear it might be the only option

Soldato
OP
I'm now in the process of claiming on insurance, its a £100 excess but I feel it would make more than £100 difference to the value of the phone, also claiming for the leather apple case as that has a big line on it where the boot crushed it, thankfully the case and tempered screen protector did its job

Soldato
OP
Pretty impressed with the insurance through Lloyds (lifestyle services), dropped my phone off on wednesday at about 3pm at DPD drop off, got email yesterday morning at 9am to say they had it, woke up to an email that came through about 10pm last night to say my phone would be returned today, gutted i chose to get it delivered back to home as I was at the office today, however I went in early managed to get back just in time for DPD to drop it off just after 3pm, came in white box that Im sure ive seen people been given in apple stores as replacements, opened up and like new not a mark on it (mine was pretty much unmarked also from what I can remember). Just finished the setup and restore process and noticed the serial number is the same as I had, do they clone the serial number? Its got a new battery in it as its now 100% health when it was 95%. Also a note in the box to say they give 12 months warranty from the day of dispatch (17.09.20) but at least it means I also keep my John Lewis warranty which is 27.09.21.

Soldato
Pretty impressed with the insurance through Lloyds (lifestyle services), dropped my phone off on wednesday at about 3pm at DPD drop off, got email yesterday morning at 9am to say they had it, woke up to an email that came through about 10pm last night to say my phone would be returned today, gutted i chose to get it delivered back to home as I was at the office today, however I went in early managed to get back just in time for DPD to drop it off just after 3pm, came in white box that Im sure ive seen people been given in apple stores as replacements, opened up and like new not a mark on it (mine was pretty much unmarked also from what I can remember). Just finished the setup and restore process and noticed the serial number is the same as I had, do they clone the serial number? Its got a new battery in it as its now 100% health when it was 95%. Also a note in the box to say they give 12 months warranty from the day of dispatch (17.09.20) but at least it means I also keep my John Lewis warranty which is 27.09.21.

just imitated to look like an Apple replacement

The logic board has been put in a new enclosure - which will invalidate any warranty (Apple would probably tell, JL almost certainly wouldn’t)

Back
Top Bottom