Replacement for Logitech G500s that ISN'T Logitech?

Associate
Hi, My last G500s is starting to die on me (I've had three, and a few G5 before that). I love the Logitech 5/500 series mice, with the multiple thumb buttons which I program for office use as well as gaming. I also love the two-mode scroll wheel. They've all had the same problem though, with the left-click not working (double-clicking instead of single clicking, and releasing the click when you are dragging items, so they drop in random places - the older G5 were quite simple to take apart and replace the Omron microswitches, but the G500s seems to be sealed and unrepairable - by me at least - not sure if a repair shop would be able to replace the switch).

The only mouse I've seen which has these features is the G502. However, I vowed I would never again buy a Logitech product, so is there an alternative from another manufacturer?

Associate
Can be repaired but the top and bottom boards are connected by a couple of rows of pins. These need de-soldering to get to the microswitches but definitely do-able because I've done it myself before.

Back
Top Bottom