Replacement for Razer Naga Epic - MMO Mouse

Associate
Hello this is the 3rd Razer Naga mouse ive had over the last decade or so and while I love the design and feel of the Naga, they seem to be made of paper. They've all suffered from various problems such as the mouse wheel becoming unusable and the left and right mouse click becoming sticky or double clicking and the current problem is that certain numbers on the side of the mouse have stopped responding unless I use press it repeatedly.

The mouse I would love to buy would be the Naga Molten Core edition for the reason that it has the two extra buttons on the top left of the left click and not under the mouse wheel but they are not made anymore sadly. Every single MMO mouse seems to have the extra two buttons under the mouse wheel and I find it quite uncomfortable to use them.

Can anyone recommend me a mouse similar to the Molten Core Naga or at the very least, one that wont break as soon as the warranty ends.

Associate
OP
It does look great but 150 pound for a mouse and a mouse with poor durability seem a tad steep. I was looking at the logitech g500 but they dont seem to have them anymore or cheap. The other two options for me it seems is the razer naga trinity or the corsair scimitar. The g-switch on the logitech looked great.

Associate
Yeah the pro looks great but the price is ridiculous. The trinity is half the price, and the option for 3 different button layouts makes it a great all rounder. I’m currently using the scimitar pro and love it, but admit I’m tempted by the trinity. Just can’t justify it unless my current mouse dies/has an unfortunate accident :D

Wulf

Soldato
I replaced my original naga (the first one) with a Scimitar Pro last year. Been great. Took a while to get used to the size as its bigger, but it's a really nice mouse and the sliding side buttons makes it easy to fit to your hand

Associate
How long have you had the scimitar for? Im leanings towards getting one but id like it to last more than 2-3 years :p

I’ve had the Scimitar for at least two years, possibly three. Build quality is great and it still looks like new(ish). Bit heavier than the Naga but I like that and the grip I feel is a little more comfortable, for me anyway.

I still have my Naga chroma expert and get it out to try every now and then. I always end up going back to the Scimitar though, just feels better (subjective I know).

Wulf

Associate
OP
Thought id update, went for the Scimitar in the end. Was between that and the utechsmart Venus but the reviews on the Scimitar were too good. Its a lot bigger than a naga I found and heavier but it feels to me like its much higher quality for the same price. It is quite a big mouse and takes some getting used too but I like it up to now. I did want to buy a naga but I cant justify buying another expensive product with such a short lifespan.

Associate
Thought id update, went for the Scimitar in the end. Was between that and the utechsmart Venus but the reviews on the Scimitar were too good. Its a lot bigger than a naga I found and heavier but it feels to me like its much higher quality for the same price. It is quite a big mouse and takes some getting used too but I like it up to now. I did want to buy a naga but I cant justify buying another expensive product with such a short lifespan.

Good stuff, pretty sure you’ll be happy with the Scimitar.

I’m currently trying to talk myself out of getting a Naga pro. Based on my previous experience though I expect to buckle soon.:D

Wulf

Soldato

had my scimitar since nov 2016 so coming on 4 years according to my order history. Put nearly 2k hours alone with A single MMO alone and it’s still going strong. The top part does grip part does have some slight scuffs but to be expected.

Associate
I’ve been using the naga trinity for the last 18 months or so and it’s been great. I’m changing it out for the viper ultimate this week (don’t play mmos anymore and want wireless).

I’ve had 0 issues with it, highly recommended

Back
Top Bottom