Replacement pump for Thermaltake bigwater

Soldato
The Eheim 1048 uses 1/2" barbs, so you can use 1/2" or 3/8" tubing. I would be inclined to upgrade some of your tubing and use 10/12mm reducers. It won't make any difference to your temps but will be a lot more upgradable in the future. 8mm tubing is pretty resrictive.

Soldato
Hey feriso. How you getting on with that pump? Would be interesting to know what pump I could use for replacement cos I have the TT cooler in mine too. Just incase it gives up the ghost one day :D

Soldato
OP
Well hopefully I'll get one off flipside when he gets his new pump and then keep a note of what he's got as back up.

THe pump worked OK for a few hours in testing then gave up.

Got a VGA and temp monitor on the way as well - so a full system set up. :)

Can't wait to get it going!

Associate
Got my new pump today, looks like a quality piece of kit. Only problem is that my tubes don't fit, so I haven't got a clue what to do :( Even with adapters (only one of them fits anyway) the tubes are too small. I'm really annoyed now, cause I spent so much money on this kit and it isn't compatible with my set-up.

I could use larger tubing, but the problem is the other end of the tube. I'd need to find loads of adapters and stupid stuff like that and spend even more money :( Anyone have any spare adapters lying around?

Last edited:
Associate
Think I found what I'm looking for, but its an extra tenner :(
Thermaltake iConnect69 3/8" ID to 1/4" ID Hose Reducer Kit:
"Use these hose barb fittings with its reusable clamps or compression fittings to convert your 3/8" ID Tubing to 1/4" ID Tubing (or vice versa)."

Then I need the tubing on top of that! This is turning out to be very costly, may have to lay off the nights out for a while :/

Why is there 3/8" and 1/2" tubing? Will 1/2" tubing fit these reducers? Sorry for all the questions I just need to get this sorted out :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Flipside - I might have a solution to your problem - it'll cost you mind ;)

I bought a VGA block to go with the system and it contins connectors to 1/4, 3/8 and 1.2 barbs. So... I need thge 1.4 obviously but the 3/8 and 1/2 are idle and should fit your tubing and your thermaltake stuff

Associate
Oh sweet :) Take it there's only two of the connectors? I think all I will need are the ones on the other ends of the tubing from the pump if you catch my drift? The bottom reservoir one and the CPU block one. Reckon they will fit? My pump is 3/8" connectors so I only need the two ;)

Soldato
OP
there's two of each conenctor 3/8 and 1/2".

The threaded end is the usual bigwater thread (whatever that is) so you should be able to screw on into your CPU and one into your res.

Job done? :)

Now.... about that pump ;)

Associate
LoL yea I need some tubing as well sry - can't go without my PC cos of work. I will buy some 3/8" tubing from somewhere, you can send the widgets and I'll send you the pump at a reduced price ;)

Just ordered the tubing, so you will have the pump as quick as you can send those adapters :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
flipside said:
LoL yea I need some tubing as well sry - can't go without my PC cos of work. I will buy some 3/8" tubing from somewhere, you can send the widgets and I'll send you the pump at a reduced price ;)

Just ordered the tubing, so you will have the pump as quick as you can send those adapters :D

OK, send me your address to the email addy that I mailed you from before (@f2s.com) and I'll package them up and send them out tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom