Replacement pump for Thermaltake bigwater

Associate
Yea I got them today, but the tubing I got is not what the shop said it was, it was sold as 3/8" and I got 1/2" tubing, so I gotta send it back, then order some from somewhere else. I can't for the life of me find anywhere with 3/8" ID tubing in stock tho :( The pump is also really ****** me off cos the threads for the barbs are different and I only have on barb that matches, so I might need some 1/2" connectors :( I wish I'd never got watercooling now

Associate
Pretty sure the confusion all started when someone told me i needed 8mm to 10mm reducers. ID or OD? FFS this is crazy theres so many different types of tubing and all the stuff I have brought hasn't worked or is not gonna work & all i'm left with is bits and pieces all over my room, a hole in my pocket and a ******* headache!!

Soldato
flipside said:
Pretty sure the confusion all started when someone told me i needed 8mm to 10mm reducers. ID or OD? FFS this is crazy theres so many different types of tubing and all the stuff I have brought hasn't worked or is not gonna work & all i'm left with is bits and pieces all over my room, a hole in my pocket and a ******* headache!!
Tubing size is usually listed appropriate to how the fitting/tubing interface works.

eg :

internal fitting such as barbs have the barbs sizes matched to the tubing ID

external fitting such as push-fit have the push-fits sizes matching to the tubing OD.

Associate
I'm not sure what push-fits are, maybe the barbs with screw over nuts?

Anyway, I worked out that all I need (or should need) is the right size tubing: ID: 3/8" OD: 1/2"

Soldato
Hmmm think I may get the TT drive bay res and the drive bay rad and a 7800 water block. Don't know if the pump would be happy with all that so might need a new pump too :D

Soldato
Ive just ordered the 5.25 bay radiator. Im gonna get a Coolermaster atc 201 case and the other radiator won't fit any where I dont think. Its got a black front on the radiator though. So me thinks some painting is in order, if not if its alloy I'll be making it into brushed alloy :)

Last edited:
Soldato
MoNkEyMiKeY said:
Ive just ordered the 5.25 bay radiator. Im gonna get a Coolermaster atc 201 case and the other radiator won't fit any where I dont think. Its got a black front on the radiator though. So me thinks some painting is in order, if not if its alloy I'll be making it into brushed alloy :)

I have never seen a 5 1/4" bay rad before. Linky?

Soldato
Cheers :)

The concept is sound but it has several flaws

1. It's made by Thermaltack. 0 Kudos
2. Where is the airflow coming from or going to?
3. It's made by Thermaltack. 0 Kudos
4. Its Aluminium
5. Barb Sizes.

Sorry

Soldato
Air flow can come from the front fans. Where its goes to is the problem. Alloy fins don't matter the one I have has them too. The tubing inside is copper. And its to put on my thermaltack cooling sustem which works ok. TT cant be too bad OcUK are now stocking it :D

Soldato
Well I mean in my case I have one HDD. I would never have 5 HDD's anyhow :) I have 2 opticals too which I prefer at the top. If I can fit that and my old rad in then I will. The bigwater kit keeps a A64 3700 at about 35oC so its not all that bad.

Associate
Yea I did see that radiator, but it's not for me, I'm getting a Coolermaster 4-in-3 module for my drive bays =)

And yea, I managed to get it all set up and workin with the new pump, and will update once I've swapped out the reservoir for a quiet one (pesky trickling atm).

Soldato
OP
MoNkEyMiKeY said:
Well I mean in my case I have one HDD. I would never have 5 HDD's anyhow :) I have 2 opticals too which I prefer at the top. If I can fit that and my old rad in then I will. The bigwater kit keeps a A64 3700 at about 35oC so its not all that bad.

Is that 35 at load or idle? The reason I'm asking is that mine runs BOINC so it'll be at full load most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom