Res Evil Code Veronica X - do i play it now?

Soldato
Been having a Res Evil fest after finishing Village, even watching Degeneration, Damnation and Vendetta ready for Inf Darkness this week.

I've completed all the main Res Evil games including the remakes, but i don't think i ever played Code Veronica. Currently £11.99 on the PS store.

It looks like it's about 11hrs long, but 11hrs on PS2 graphics etc seems like it may be a pain! Worth playing or wait for the remake?! (hopeful remake).

Soldato
It's the only original one I never played!

It may be remade but I believe 4 is rumoured to be next for that treatment so will be a long wait if they do it at all.

:(

Soldato
It's not been remade, it was brilliant at the time, i haven't played it since.

I'd reccomend it with never playing it but be prepared for the age to show through

Associate
I have it on the Series X, it was the last of the traditional Resident Evil games, if you're not counting the remakes. It's still very atmospheric, once you get past the dated visuals.

Soldato
If you have a PS3 or an Xbox then they released a "HD" port which is probably the best way to play the game.

The version on the PS4 store is the original PS2 release, and if you buy off the UK store you get the unoptimised PAL release so it runs slower than the game is supposed to. If you really want to play and this is your only option then buying off the US PSN store would be best as the game will at least run at full speed then.

Soldato
OP
The version on the PS4 store is the original PS2 release, and if you buy off the UK store you get the unoptimised PAL release so it runs slower than the game is supposed to. If you really want to play and this is your only option then buying off the US PSN store would be best as the game will at least run at full speed then.

Interesting. I've managed to set up a US PSN account, buy how the **** can i get US PSN credit?

Soldato
Its showing its age now(The HD version). I think this could definitely be a contender for a remake. It has some great maniacal characters and monsters but also a lot of guff. A RE-Engine remake with similar control method of the RE2 and 3 remakes would be a good inclusion in the series.

Soldato
OP
Wow! This game is awesome, proper resident evil old school.

It's also huge, much bigger and longer than the current remakes!

However, I had to use a guide on some parts as its easy to get lost and miss sections of the game.

Just got the gold key and heading back to the Palace. I've got the army proof and nade launcher, i've done a few hours, but no idea how far I am into the game.

Can't believe I missed this first time around.

Soldato
OP
STILL going!

Chris has got the magnum, I think I'm nearing the end now.

Again, this is quite tricky, especially as if you want the magnum and want each character to have decent weapons, then you would have needed a guide or at least several play throughs to understand the game mechanics.

I don't have time for that, so have resorted to a guide and the herb glitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom