Resident Alien

Soldato
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/96580-resident-alien?language=en-GB

2cW5BAO.jpg

Crash-landed alien Harry takes on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor. Arriving with a secret mission, he starts off living a simple life…but things get a bit rocky when he’s roped into solving a local murder and realizes he needs to assimilate into his new world. As he does, he begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his mission and asking the big life questions like: “Are human beings worth saving?” and “Why do they fold their pizza before eating it?”

First seven minutes:

Showing on Sky1/NowTV in the UK.

Currently on the Thursday 9pm slot.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I do not watch TV nowadays, HOWEVER, this seems like a breath of fresh air.

The first episode/pilot was really enjoyable.

if they can maintain the quality throughout the series, this could be a classic.

Soldato
I like Tudyk a lot in what I've seen him in, he's brilliant in Tucker and Dale vs. Evil and Firefly, but I've read this series is rather average unfortunately :(

Soldato
I just watched this and really enjoyed it, I've always loved Tudyk so it's great to see him get some proper screen time.

The kid at the end cracked me up, I'm looking forward to seeing how that dynamic works out!

Caporegime
not too bad so far but I can see it being the sort of show where they start forcing humour a bit too much to the point it becomes annoying and distracting.

Soldato
Finished episode 3 last night and thanks to a major flashback, one of Asta's secrets comes out (everyone more or less worked it out anyway). I really enjoy the show and this episode was 'good'.
My concern is that I've seen shows like this randomly cancelled because the viewer count just wasn't there so I hope that doesn't happen here.

I really can't stand the Sheriff chap. He's a bit OTT with his reactions in places.

Back
Top Bottom