Resolved - Powering Pump via a compatible fan controller

Associate
Hi Guys
I have been pulling my teeth out for ages (months) trying to find a way to power and control my EK-XTOP SPC-60 PWM - PLEXI (INCL. PUMP), with a compatible fan/pump controller as running a hypervisior on top (ESXi) you cant control the rate via motherboard on a Virtual machine.
My main goal to lower the power to make the build almost silent. I had tried my NZXT fan controller but this did not work. After searching the internet one more time I can across NOCTUA NA-FC1 Fan controller. I have now installed the controller into the the pump and onboard 4pin port on the motherboard and tested, I can now regulate the flow of water through my server.
Just posting this as I could only find bits of information about using a controller to regulate a pump.

Hope I help others.

Kind Regards

Soldato
In my experience PWM is a pretty horrible thing to have to deal with.

Motherboard control is flaky, and when you cold boot or restart the RPM ramps up to max before the bios properly loads.

Molex connectors can be wired for + 5,7 and 12v if you don't have a vario pump.

Associate
In my experience PWM is a pretty horrible thing to have to deal with.

Motherboard control is flaky, and when you cold boot or restart the RPM ramps up to max before the bios properly loads.

Molex connectors can be wired for + 5,7 and 12v if you don't have a vario pump.

I have 10 PWM fans and 2 PWM D5's, not had an issue with control via an Aquaero 5 or 6. My fan and pump curves go down to 25% PWM nicely although all have a 5 second (2 is more than enough really) boot booster to guarantee they get moving. I find the curves and customisation of PWM control to be very limited and sometimes unpredictable on motherboards.

Back
Top Bottom