Resolving Host!!!

Associate
Been having this problem for a while now were i get "resolving Host" and dns server problems in google chrome. It only ever really happens while using Utorrent. Pretty much as soon as i start downloading, google chrome fezzes up but can still download through utorrent and play online games etc. It hasnt effected online gaming etc though until recently were i would get disconnected and would have to restart my pc. My internet provider is virgin by the way

Things i have tried but failed -

virus/malware scan - came up with nothing
using google open dns server - seemed to help but still getting the issues
reinstalled motherboard lan drivers - again worked for a bit then same issues
flushed dns/reset winsock etc etc - same as above worked on reset but then same thing happens
Fiddled with network adapter settings like disabling green ethernet and energy efficient ethernet, anything to do with throttling network etc

it all seems to mostly resolve around utorrent but do get the issue sometimes if im updating games or downloading whole games etc aswell

forgot to mention that my pc is wired to the router but my phone still works through wireless when resolving host issue happens

Last edited:
Associate
OP
nothing crashes or locks up. mainly get dns issue when trying load pages while utorrent is running. What utorrnet settings would you want me to show? and no not tried a different client. Ive limited utorrent to download at 6mbp/s that highest i can download at is 9mbp/s so there should be enough "room" for browsing etc

edit: been using utorrent for past hour and not a single dns issue, also watching twitch/youtube with no issues but havnt changed anything since the last time i got issues, no dout it will happen again though. could it have anything to do with virgin or will it be my end that is causing the problems?

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
What utorrnet settings would you want me to show? and no not tried a different client. Ive limited utorrent to download at 6mbp/s that highest i can download at is 9mbp/s so there should be enough "room" for browsing etc

Number of connections per torrent, etc.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
global maximum number of connections = 100
maximum number of connected peers per torrent = 50
number of upload slots per torrent = 4

Try 50 / 20 / 4.

Are you using public or private trackers?
Latest version of uTorrent?
SSD or HDD?

Back
Top Bottom