** Retina MBP Haswell Version **

Soldato
LOL, I was thinking that.

Every generation they promise better power saving but every generation the core of the machine gets faster, higher res screen, more pixels to push, higher pixel counts, higher number of tasks from the ever more complex OS etc. So it end up and balacing act that is always never tip over one way or another.

lol yeah, the battery life does increase but only to accommodate the more power hungry hardware which leaves you with similar battery life to the previous gen

Soldato
For me, none of their macbooks need to get any thinner just yet. I'd rather them being slightly thicker for an hour or more battery than previous, even if it was slightly heavier than it is now.

Soldato
LOL, I was thinking that.

Every generation they promise better power saving but every generation the core of the machine gets faster, higher res screen, more pixels to push, higher pixel counts, higher number of tasks from the ever more complex OS etc. So it end up and balacing act that is always never tip over one way or another.

Agreed Raymond. I also noticed this sort of thing with internet speeds / file sizes and hard drive sizes. its all really rather relative.

Back
Top Bottom