Retro TV effect in small portion of panel? MSI MAG27CQ

Associate
Morning all!

A very weird one I've never seen before.. Wondering if I'm a lone wolf with this or if it's a common thing.

I bought a MSI OPTIX MAG27CQ at i63, delivered to desk - Since setting it up I've noticed the top-right area has a slight 'banding' on every other row of pixels. It's weird, it's not right to the corners either! The best way I could describe it is like an old TV affect is being applied to half of the monitor. It's only really apparent on darker colours too, so Photoshop/Discord/darker games show it up pretty easily. Brighter games you don't notice it at all. At first I thought it was because I was at LAN (with all the weird lighting affect of the area around me), but since using the PC a couple times at home I've continued to notice it.

I tried to capture it the best I could... https://imgur.com/a/aApCt8K, specifically, this one may show it better! (Click and zoom in)

I've toggled almost all the settings on the OSD and tried other cables and inputs but they all show the same. Wondering if I have a faulty panel or of it's a weird trait of a curved or VA panel (both new to me) - Any help appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom