Return Omega and get a Hero?

Associate
Hi all,

I'm in a quandary about this as I bought the Secretlab Omega and have until Monday to return if needed.
I'm 5 foot 8 and a half (177cm) and over 13 stone (85Kg's) so got the Omega instead of the Titan as thought that would be too big for me. Discounted other chairs (Hero etc) after seeing glowing reviews of the Secretlab ones (I know :rolleyes:)

Omega is good, I like it in fact but, the side bolsters on the seat cut in to my thighs, not hugely but noticeable. Don't think I could sit on it for hours withought getting sore legs. Apart from that it fits but a bit too snug.
Secretlab haven't been great as they don't do swaps to another model so if I wanted the Titan I'd have to buy it, pay return postage for the Omega (DPD next day £21.59) then wait a good while for the refund.

Started looking again and I'm liking the look of the Noblechairs Hero. Sizewise seems to be between Omega and Titan on the seat anyway.
Wider seat and the depth is better, same as Omega. Back should be fine as the back of my head is at the very top of Omega backrest when I lean on it.

What's the thoughts on longevity of Noblechairs range as it's only 2 years warranty against 5 on Secretlab?
If I was able to get a good deal on a Hero ;) and with the month comfort test, I could cut my losses and return the Omega and order a Hero instead?

Associate
I'm 6ft 14 stone and returned a seat as it dug in badly to my thighs too, after all the hassle I wanted the best so went out of my usual price range and got the Hero real leather in black delivered yesterday.

Happy to say it's the nicest office chair I've ever sat in. I work from home self employed and worked 10 hours straight away in it easy as anything, it's instantly comfortable and despite the price is incredible value. It has side wings at the lower seat back that could constrict if you have a wide abdomen area but otherwise is super roomy and comfortable, though at 5ft 8 you might need the shorter gas cannister but they're only 25 quid extra if you do need one.

Basically they're incredible chairs especially in real leather that beats any other gaming chair if you need a big chair with a wide, flat seat. So much nicer than a racing bucket style seat. So go for it, for the real leather if you can stretch to it, don't put up with a chair that hurts your legs. The Hero is definitely worth it, I love mine already.

Associate
OP
I'm 6ft 14 stone and returned a seat as it dug in badly to my thighs too, after all the hassle I wanted the best so went out of my usual price range and got the Hero real leather in black delivered yesterday.

Happy to say it's the nicest office chair I've ever sat in. I work from home self employed and worked 10 hours straight away in it easy as anything, it's instantly comfortable and despite the price is incredible value. It has side wings at the lower seat back that could constrict if you have a wide abdomen area but otherwise is super roomy and comfortable, though at 5ft 8 you might need the shorter gas cannister but they're only 25 quid extra if you do need one.

Basically they're incredible chairs especially in real leather that beats any other gaming chair if you need a big chair with a wide, flat seat. So much nicer than a racing bucket style seat. So go for it, for the real leather if you can stretch to it, don't put up with a chair that hurts your legs. The Hero is definitely worth it, I love mine already.

Thanks @PC777 that really helps make my mind up.
Secretlab Omega started the return process :)

I wanted something that's more comfy and durable than all the £50-100 chairs I've had over the years so upped my budget too.
Don't think I'll manage the leather but it looks great.

Take your point about the smaller gas lift and will probably get one and return if not needed. Although, looking at the height I have the chair just now, the very lowest the Hero goes to would probably be ok. Different chairs though.
Just a shame Noblechairs don't do a longer warranty. It's probably at the 3-4 years mark that things might start needing replaced.

Associate
No worries, though I'd feel bad if you had to pay shipping on returning a canister if you didn't need it. I think the review video on the OCUK product page has a slender girl of around 5ft 7 and her feet touch the ground (though she's not fully stretched back) so maybe you won't need it.

Of all the reviews I watched hers was the most useful, that and one from an absolute unit around 19 stone 6 feet, both really liked it equally so it's definitely versatile for different sizes.

I use mine on the lowest height setting and it feels great, I could go up a bit but my desk is lower and I like the spacing right now. Though if I put it up to max my feet are completely suspended in air about an inch and it's too high for my desk.

As for durability, it really feels solid, I'm hoping to get 20 years if I look after the leather, and the mechanisms look like they'd be fairly easy to replace except the integrated lumbar which I don't use anyway.

Best of luck, hope you get it all sorted hassle free.

Associate
OP
Thanks mate, I reckon the lowest-ish setting should be fine. I've got quite long legs.
I'll check the video.

Thought for ages that I was 5'11" but I must have been talking bo**cks. Got measured last time I was at the doctors and they said 5'8" and a 1/2. Oh well, getting old I suppose.

Associate
OP
Returned Omega and OC’s gave me an excellent deal on a Black Hero.
Very nice chair, different to Secretlab in quite a few areas.
Might do a wee side by side review type post.

Associate
What was the process like returning the Secretlab OMEGA chair for you? Currently doing the process as found like you that the chair was too small and that the raised sides dig into your leg too much. Strange how no reviews on the website say that, all custom generated ones probably. They told me that I'd have to purchase the TITAN as I didn't keep the original plastic / cardboard fixings. Got slow to replying after that and kept mentioning a return form that I'd need to return the box with. Presumably this just says that you have to pay for shipping yourself but they'll do a full refund after inspection of the parts?

FYI - got the TITAN and is a good and much better sized chair than the OMEGA.

Associate
OP
What was the process like returning the Secretlab OMEGA chair for you? Currently doing the process as found like you that the chair was too small and that the raised sides dig into your leg too much. Strange how no reviews on the website say that, all custom generated ones probably. They told me that I'd have to purchase the TITAN as I didn't keep the original plastic / cardboard fixings. Got slow to replying after that and kept mentioning a return form that I'd need to return the box with. Presumably this just says that you have to pay for shipping yourself but they'll do a full refund after inspection of the parts?

FYI - got the TITAN and is a good and much better sized chair than the OMEGA.

Hi Luke, just wondering what height you are?
I think if the Omega seat base had been a few cm's wider or the side bits less angled it would have been absolutely fine. Otherwise, very comfy chair with solid support too.

Interested in how you find the Titan after a while, I reckon it looked too big for me? Am now finding the Hero backrest too big now, so I can't sit correctly, getting very sore back. :o:(
I'll find a seat eventually!
Looks like I'm in a halway size between the Omega and the Titan/Hero.

Secretlab customer services seem ok but they did go a bit silent a few times. They seem to ship chairs from Devon but have support from Singapore. They said to me no swaps, return Omega, incurring return delivery costs, then purchase a Titan was the only way to do it.
The form is just an online signature form saying you acknowledge their return policy and a printout to attach to the box for return delivery.
Will see when I get my refund.

Let me know how you find the Titan if you can. Cheers

Associate
Hello,

I’m actually 5 ft 6 (167cm) and weigh 95kg so thought the OMEGA would suit us but it didn’t agree with me. The TITAN is considerably larger but with the seat raised for my desk and the top memory foam pillow on I haven’t really noticed a major difference for my back so that’s a bonus as it definitely improves your posture. No back pain as of yet. The seat base is a little hard but don’t notice the sides on me now as they are lowered.

Finally got the return form from Secretlabs - shocking customer service. what shipping method did you use to return it? I’ve put down 35kg weight and 85cm length, 71cm width and 37cm height but getting expensive quotes.

Associate
OP
Hello,

I’m actually 5 ft 6 (167cm) and weigh 95kg so thought the OMEGA would suit us but it didn’t agree with me. The TITAN is considerably larger but with the seat raised for my desk and the top memory foam pillow on I haven’t really noticed a major difference for my back so that’s a bonus as it definitely improves your posture. No back pain as of yet. The seat base is a little hard but don’t notice the sides on me now as they are lowered.

Finally got the return form from Secretlabs - shocking customer service. what shipping method did you use to return it? I’ve put down 35kg weight and 85cm length, 71cm width and 37cm height but getting expensive quotes.

Good that the Titan fits you much better. Do you use the adjustable lumbar support?

I used DPD door to door. I put 30Kg for the package. £21.59 https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/q...=0&p=1~30|82|70|37&quotetype=Default#/results

Associate
Many thanks for that link, best price comparison I've found so far.

Yes, the lumbar adjustable button is excellent. I have it pretty much on max but helps support the back when the chair is upright, which I mostly use for gaming. Doesn't move around like the pillow did on the OMEGA.

Associate
Hi . Did any of yours have issues taking the chair apart like the piston bit. We can't get it off and I just got the eform yesterday and they now say on the form that won't accept it if not fully disassembled but the piston won't move .

Associate
Hi . Did any of yours have issues taking the chair apart like the piston bit. We can't get it off and I just got the eform yesterday and they now say on the form that won't accept it if not fully disassembled but the piston won't move .
Rubber mallet. Got one on Home Bargains for few quid only for it, when needed to return a faulty Hero which wouldn't align.
Replacement came and is solid, 2 years, like new.
Just today managed to get another Hero, as the missus hated the Orangebox and the Steelcase that I ordered for her.
She likes the Hero I use, so I got myself the Hero ST new/sealed for £200, and 120 miles driving (60 each way) and she got the PU Leather that she wanted.
About the Hero or any other chair, is more like what you expect from a chair and weight, height, etc.
I love mine and don't see any other chair that I would be tempted to buy.
They are firm, so is my car seat, and few times I drove 12+ hours with little break and no back issues. But give me the wrong chair and Ibuprofen won't cut. Would be straight to Codamol.

Back
Top Bottom