Reusing old Hardware i7-4820k & Quadro K4000

Associate
Hi Guys,

I have recently been given an old PC by a family member. The used to use it for 3D modelling.

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 Motherboard
32Gb DDR3 RAM
Intel i7-4820k CPU
Nvidia Quadro K4000 GPU
500GB SSD & 3TB HDD

I have since replaced the Case and the CPU Cooler and intend to replace more parts as the budget allows.

I will be using the PC for gaming, programming, and backtesting forex trading robots. My wife will be using the PC for photo-editing in Photoshop and Lightroom. I will also be learning to overclock on this CPU.

The plan is to replace the GPU next. Was originally thinking of the RTX2080Ti, but man that thing is just way too expensive! The CPU,MB and RAM would then follow..

My question is this: Is there anything that I can still use the Quadro for? It feels like such a shame to get rid of it. I read that it can be repurposed as a PhysX card, but not sure how well it would perform and also if it is even worth it, seeing as not many games make use thereof. I also read a thread that it enables 10-bit colour in Photoshop, but it was a very old thread. Is this still the case?

The monitors that I will be using is: Acer G277HU and Samsung S27C450

If I can't use it, it will probably go in a drawer somewhere, as the plan is to build a home media server out of the parts that get replaced.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom