Review my flyer?

Soldato
The "please note: prices from" etc. is a bit redundant, that's kind of the whole point of writing prices "from" in that it's a minimum price, plus its something you want as small print anyway, not in the main header. You've also written "Larger e-hicles" :p

Not a massive fan of the black on the blue, looks pretty dull, I would also take another look at the layout, with all the type aligned to the left like that the pictures look like they have just been wedged in wherever they will fit.

Soldato
In addition:

The images tell me that you didn't clean the Audi well enough to warrant taking an after photo.. when in reality you probably did clean it well enough and just forgot or the overcast weather didn't highlight it well enough..

What could work well on a flyer like this is to use the entire RHS of the doc with a film type strip of one car, dirty, being cleaned, shimmering. That said, if you are folding it, don't have the dirty car as the only image they can see.

You've also ditched the one bit everyone liked, the logo with the water drop in it?

That blue doesn't work as a background colour. Try a white to light blue gradient, with the orange coloured text, titles and image borders as the blue.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Another update:

Ill get there in the end

valeting-3.jpg

Associate
My main gripe is one Nimzicki has mentioned the pictures look squeezed in between the text, it might be worth considering a basic grid to help you align the text and images, even something basic like this.

As for the colours not a huge fan right now, check out http://kuler.adobe.com might help you find a theme.

Soldato
from quick glance, you have lost the S on dress, bottom right.

Also with so many dif fonts and sizes of fonts it can begin to look slightly cluttered, personal preference but I tend to have one font for a header and another for body, and keep continuity with sizes and weighting.

For example;
Wash and Vac
From £15

then;
Valet
From £30

notice how your "From" isn't bold too?
These are little things, mind, I like the colour scheme and the layout :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely heading in the right direction, although unsure on the landscape use. Are you going to fold that?

When I suggested a film strip, I didnt exactly mean a literal film strip. You are losing too much space to the black bits. I would just use the images side by side, as you have done, but across the entire bottom of the flyer. I think that would look more professional.

The logo is back! Yay! But the J is wrong. The WJ should be of the same font. In other font news, its changing all over the place. The LHS is sans serif and the RHS is serif!

Permabanned
OP
Thanks for the reply.

The leaflet is A5 size, and I dont plan to fold.

tbh, I do want to get the design spot on, but I want to get customers and not spend too much time on the design.

thanks

your'e almost there don't give up. i think your problem is perhaps you're giving up on a design and starting again, so making all the mistakes all over such as spelling, missing/cutting off letters etc.

make the changes mentioned here without restarting and post back, then see what everyone thinks then you'll be very close to having a great looking finished design.

Soldato
Film strip down the right side?

Have title,
list of services,
pictures cutting across centre though middle of text - going down left now
prices
contact info?

Just try out ideas, see what you like best :)

+ Personally, after the poo as fixed, I liked the 1st :)

+++ I like the last one too :)

Soldato
As someone with very little ability with graphics, but a fair bit in marketing, can I make a few textual points?

Your main marketing focus appears to be on the fact that you work at the customer's convenience - that you will come to their home or place of work and valet their car for them. I'd recommend re-working the first paragraph to really ram this home. Maybe (this has only taken me a couple of mins, so could do with some honing):

"Based in Exeter (?) and able to work across a large part of the county (you may want to tailor this more, but I don't know that part of England well enough to do it myself), WJ Valeting Services work to your schedule. We will come to your place of work, leisure, or even to your home, and valet your car at a time to suit you."

It needs a bit more work, but it puts your point across. It also means that you can remove the bit about Exeter/Exmouth from the "Bronze Valet" section, where it seems a bit clunky.

The whole leaflet is a bit busy. You ought to be able to condense the list of services somehow - after all, most of the services provide by bronze and silver (why not silver and gold?) are the same, silver has simply had some additions made. Could you say that silver valeting provides the full bronze service, with the addition of x,y,z? How about having the "about us" bit at the top, then a couple of pictures, and then the list of services below the pictures to break up the text?

On that note, how did you come to your pricing? Again, my lack of knowledge of cars may show itself here (it may be that you require more expensive materials for silver), but in terms of pure time spent, silver looks like poor value - at £30 for 1.5 hours for bronze, or £65 for 2-3 hours (but the emphasis here is on the 2; only half an hour longer than with bronze), I'd go with you every time for bronze, but would look elsewhere for silver. Were I you, I'd say that silver will take 3 hours, and consider dropping the price to £60 if you can afford to.

Probably most importantly, you have managed to drop your contact info from the most recent leaflet, and would therefore not get much business ;)

I'd also consider changing the email address. Polishdetail could refer to car polish, or to people from Poland. If you can't get a web domain, could you at least get "[email protected]"?

EDIT: You've added the contact details back in, fair play :D

Back
Top Bottom