**Review your TFT! - OcUK User Reviews and Comparisons**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have a Iiyama Prolite B2403WS 24inch TFT which performs very well even in intense gaming. It has 1 HDMI and 1 VGA connectivity and i have it connected to my GTX295 with HDMI cable. The response time is only 2ms which for quite an oldish monitor is pretty good.

Associate
Coloured panel picture, coloured sands pics?

In the zip? They work fine. All I can think of is they were somehow corrupted for you. They are a bit dated anyway, quake vid ***. I watched a bunch of high-quality trailers when I got this new monitor, and played a fair bit of counter strike to get the general feel. Used the bioshock demo to check out the contrast, which is reasonable but horrible for an IPS - I go a duff panel, with a lot of backlight bleed making the dark representation even worse :(

Anyway, the files all work for me :(

Associate
** Ill update this to the proper review format when I get a chance **
I bought 3 Dell 22" 2209WAs for a triple head set up. Really pleased with them out the box, build quality is solid - it feels like you could drop these things off a cliff and they'd only come off with a scratch.

One niggle I have is that the bezel is quite deep (about 5mm). Usabilty wise no problem - Clean freak wise big problem. I find that dust settles on the lower lip of the bezel so I have to take a microfibre duster to them every 2 weeks.

Good quality and highly adjustable stands, love the cable management hole built into them.

Colours are great, and whatsmore I did not have to configure them at all to get them the same colour as eachother! (Wonder if they were from the same batch)

Great monitors, well worth the price. *****

Associate
Just bought 2 of these AOC IPS 23 inch Brushed aluminium monitors, i have to say it is one of the best looking monitors i have ever owned:D

i2353Fh_collage_72dpi_RGB-580x405.jpg

Associate
Samsung SyncMaster S23A550H 23"

Pros:
Perfect size (previous 26 inch damaged my eyes)
1920X1080 Resolution. You really don't need higher than that.
Good options to change between movie, game, dynamic contrast modes
Can tilt back and forward with ease
Tidy cable management cover
HDMI (or DVI to HDMI) and VGA
Sleek design
Good price (paid £189)

Cons:
No onboard sound so it's only good for one source with external speakers unless you buy a HDMI switcher/AMP to play audio with multiple sources

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom