REVO 5 hour trial

Associate
OP
The guy did have vag-com and tested for faults both before and after the remap - no errors both times, bar an airbag fault which he cleared for me :D But yeah, after running it for a couple of hours it might be worth checking it again.

I've got an 80k service tomorrow, so they will probably do one aswell.

Is yours 100% smooth when accelerating then?

Soldato
Giddy said:
I've had Revo on my 1.8T for over 3 years now and the only problem I had was the with the dv splitting when I first had it installed.

Most VAG owners go for a Forge 007 DV replacement, the original is a plastic Bosch part that isn't upto the job. I'd always do this prior to even the trial. They are only about 70quid and easily fittable yourself. :D

Soldato
Skiddley said:
Most VAG owners go for a Forge 007 DV replacement, the original is a plastic Bosch part that isn't upto the job. I'd always do this prior to even the trial. They are only about 70quid and easily fittable yourself. :D

What is BV (Boost valve?)

Associate
Skiddley said:

Alright Skidd! :D

Yeah I replaced the oem part with the Forge 007P about 20 minutes after having the trial installed, still going strong today! Have you had your LCR remapped yet?
:)

Soldato
Giddy said:
Alright Skidd! :D

Yeah I replaced the oem part with the Forge 007P about 20 minutes after having the trial installed, still going strong today! Have you had your LCR remapped yet?
:)

Alright dude.. :D

Naa, Sally won't let me :( warrenty, insurance, it's fast enough already etc... you know the score.

Things are going well so thinking about a porka next year of my own to free myself from the relationship car-sharing shackles :D. Plus the LCR is getting a bit chav for my liking. Not that the poof\hairdresser image appeals any more mind you...

Associate
Skiddley said:
Bah, check you :)

No, considering a '03 plate 986 (Boxster) 3.2S with gadgets. Don't want to peak too early! :D

Nice :D I really like the Boxster, it was a toss up between that and the Z4. But the Z won it for me in the end.

...and who said anything about peaking :p

Associate
OP
How loud is the Forge 007 dump valve? It might explain the spikes if the original dv isn't upto the job.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok, just downloaded an oldish version of VAG-COM; version 311.2 from ross-tech's website I think.

Only let me do a few tests though as it wasn't registered. An interesting error came up though;

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Chassis Type: 3B - VW Passat B5
Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,16,17,19,35,36,37,46,55,56,58

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 4B0 906 018 AA
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0006
Coding: 04001
Shop #: WSC 80183
1 Fault Found:
16514 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Malfunction in Circuit
P0130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

Could that be the cause of the juddering? Or would it be a result of the revo trial? There were no faults before or after the remap was done according to Ian at powermap though (guy who fitted trial).

Back
Top Bottom