Riding the clutch - Life span

Soldato
Keeping the clutch down at the lights won't cause any damage in 3 months, but over time it'll wear the release bearing out.

/Damn, beaten to it :p

Soldato
agw_01 said:
I dip the clutch when the revs drop to around 1000rpm, by which time I'm doing about 10-15mph anyway.

Doesn't that stress the engine?

Having said that I use to go on and off the throttle quickly in the 306 and it would bounce back and forth! Was ******* hilarious!!!!! :D Had me and my mate in stiches the whole time I was doing it - funny stuff.

Soldato
Tell them, if it breaks again in 3 months you'll report them or something.

Honestly, clutches do not break in 3 months if they've been fitted properly.

Associate
OP
agw_01 said:
Tell them, if it brakes again in 3 months you'll report them or something.

Honestly, clutches do not break in 3 months if they've been fitted properly.

Okies, cheers. As its a franchise that promote themselves, is it worth popping in a complaint? Its another call out on my breakdown recovery and all the inconvience like my friend being an hour late for work etc.

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
OT slighty more ;) If the clutch has gone in 3 months you can't really prove anything but i would expect them to pay half towards a new one, say your going ot get trading standards in ore something!

Warrently is included in their prices so he can get them to fit another one.

Associate
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Bad driver tbh :p

OT slighty more ;) If the clutch has gone in 3 months you can't really prove anything but i would expect them to pay half towards a new one, say your going ot get trading standards in ore something!

They actually sorted it today, i dropped it off late last night, and picked it up this evening fixed.

When i picked it up they showed me the old clutch which was snapped, and said. You have obviosuly been riding the clutch, we shouldnt of fixed it but we did, If it goes again for the same reason we will not fix it.

Last edited:
Soldato
The guy sounds like a ****.

I've had a clutch fitted at Mr Clutch and I have to say they where very helpfull so it does sound like it's this paricular branch you're going to that has a problem and not Mr Clutch as a whole.

Associate
OP
Enfield said:
The guy sounds like a ****.

I've had a clutch fitted at Mr Clutch and I have to say they where very helpfull so it does sound like it's this paricular branch you're going to that has a problem and not Mr Clutch as a whole.

I went to the one in swindon, im tempted to complain, as everyone there are idiots. And im naturally worried about it going again.

Soldato
andy2k said:
I went to the one in swindon, im tempted to complain, as everyone there are idiots. And im naturally worried about it going again.

Complain away, write to the head office or something :)

Did you actually tell the people that you ride the clutch or did they just accuse you of it?

Associate
OP
Enfield said:
Complain away, write to the head office or something :)

Did you actually tell the people that you ride the clutch or did they just accuse you of it?

Nope did not tell them i did, i just left quickly, there all complete idiots.

If i complain and in my letter say they the clutch went in 3 months, surely they will know straight away that it was a bad job? Is this right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom