Rift S DisplayPort issue

Soldato
OP
Just updated the INF with that file from Intel. Still no dice.

When you plug it in, it always stays green for just long enough to make you think it's going to stay this time!

Soldato
OP
We do have a relativelyu new laptop, but it's not a gaming one.

it has a R5 3500U processor and a AMD Radeon Vega 8.

Do you think that would at least run it to check the headset? Or would it refuse to do anything?

If it's worth trying, I guess I need to install Oculus on the laptop and log in?

Soldato
We do have a relativelyu new laptop, but it's not a gaming one.

it has a R5 3500U processor and a AMD Radeon Vega 8.

Do you think that would at least run it to check the headset? Or would it refuse to do anything?

If it's worth trying, I guess I need to install Oculus on the laptop and log in?

It's only worth trying if it has a display port.

Soldato
OP
Great. USB hub installed - other USB items work fine through it.

Rift S won't detect the USB connection when plugged in to it. So this is completely inconclusive on the question of whether lack of USB power is making the DP connection struggle.

I have used a SATA power connection to the Inateck, just because one was more convenient. That doesn't supply less power than a 4-pin does it?

Soldato
OP
Odd extra detail: The Rift S USB hub is appearing in device manager with a warning:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The request is not supported.

Soldato
Great. USB hub installed - other USB items work fine through it.

Rift S won't detect the USB connection when plugged in to it. So this is completely inconclusive on the question of whether lack of USB power is making the DP connection struggle.

I have used a SATA power connection to the Inateck, just because one was more convenient. That doesn't supply less power than a 4-pin does it?

When you say Hub are you talking about the 4 port Inateck USB expansion card?

Soldato
OP
I've got Oculus support to speak to me again. Now doing a 'repair' install of the Oculus software.

The problem with the Inatech card may be that I've installed the drivers for it. A thread on reddit seems to suggest that the built in windows drivers are actually the right ones to use, as the ones from their (or Fresno's) website are less up to date for Windows 10.
I'll try a driver uninstall for that once the Oculus stuff is finished.

Soldato
I've got Oculus support to speak to me again. Now doing a 'repair' install of the Oculus software.

The problem with the Inatech card may be that I've installed the drivers for it. A thread on reddit seems to suggest that the built in windows drivers are actually the right ones to use, as the ones from their (or Fresno's) website are less up to date for Windows 10.
I'll try a driver uninstall for that once the Oculus stuff is finished.

I was just going to suggest that. You don't install the drivers that come with it, you just let windows install the driver.

Soldato
OP
OK, latest update!

Inateck drivers uninstalled, replacement drivers installed by Windows, and computer restarted. Inateck card now correctly runs the USB side of the Rift.

Hasn't fixed the DP issue though of course! :rolleyes:

Neither has the Oculus repair either.

I am waiting for Oculus support to admit defeat and tell me to go and get it replaced. (Although the shop I bought it from closes at 5:30, so I might choose to do so off my own bat ahead of then.)

Soldato
OK, latest update!

Inateck drivers uninstalled, replacement drivers installed by Windows, and computer restarted. Inateck card now correctly runs the USB side of the Rift.

Hasn't fixed the DP issue though of course! :rolleyes:

Neither has the Oculus repair either.

I am waiting for Oculus support to admit defeat and tell me to go and get it replaced. (Although the shop I bought it from closes at 5:30, so I might choose to do so off my own bat ahead of then.)

Yeah, I would go ahead and return it. It's definitely an issue with the headset. It was never a USB issue.

Soldato
OP
Got the new headset back home. Plug in, everything working fine. Hurrah.

Oculus says it needs to install firmware update on headset. Once finished, goes on to sensor check - sensor check fails. Go back to the screen for checking the connections - DP connection not working.

And now I thionk about it, that's what happened with the last one too. So the firmware update is to blame?

Associate
What happens with using just the motherboards usb3 ports?
You dont have any extensions cables added to it do you? I added a usb and DP extension earlier and it wouldnt play ball - prob need a signal booster.

Take it your on 1903 as well?

Back
Top Bottom