Rift S DisplayPort issue

Soldato
Got the new headset back home. Plug in, everything working fine. Hurrah.

Oculus says it needs to install firmware update on headset. Once finished, goes on to sensor check - sensor check fails. Go back to the screen for checking the connections - DP connection not working.

And now I thionk about it, that's what happened with the last one too. So the firmware update is to blame?

That's very strange, if the update was to blame there would be a lot more reports of this happening.

Can you roll back the firmware?

Or, try to use the Public test channel. See if that fixes your problem.

Associate
Dont think it will allow you to continue without the firmware update, mine didnt.
I am just having a look through my logs the now to see if there is owt obvious.

Associate
Ok how about starting from scratch again.
Set it up, do the firmware update and note the exact time it tries to do the test and fails.
Then get a look at the logs and see what it says for that time.

Soldato
OP
I have just joined the Beta programme. After a few Oculus updates it is now saying that the headset firmware needs an update. Could this possibly fix my issue?

I bet it bloody doesn't.

Associate
Just go back through and do the test again but note the time exactly as the logs will list it - it may have something in there about it.
But the logs are big so you need to note the time exactly.

Soldato
OP
OK well I just removed the device, and then added it as a new headset. But because the firmware is already updated it right away went to green and then back to searching. So no chance to even get to the sensor checking.

This was 21:36 - just mentioning that so I don't forget if it is worth checking the logs.

Soldato
OP
I have the logs now, but I've no idea what I'm looking for.

Worth mentioning that Oculus support themselves have looked at logs from this happening two days ago, and said they couldn't see any issues - but they may have been just looking for driver issues.

Soldato
Can you run the oculus driver located here

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

Or wherever you have the software installed.

Associate
I have no doubt that there support is pants, and yes as per the norm these days there software is also appalling - but thats not just oculas that has these issues. Its the way it is these-days, anyone can pretend they are a programmer and squeeze out *******.

I have only had mine a couple of days and i am still learning about its.... ways....
However one thing that almost certainly will fix this is a windows reinstall, it did mine but i knew mine was not right for it in the first place.

Associate
I had a similar issue with my first Rift S headset.
Support tried to fix it for me, but didn't get there, despite trying quite a few things.
So I took the headset back for an exchange.
The second headset works fine. Not flawless, but it does work...

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't even know where to start re-installing Windows to be honest.

Support seem to have gone quiet again, so we'll see if they've given any further advice by tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom