RIP Keith Floyd

Soldato
RIP

I'll always remember his Pipérade episode where the French lady whose house it was being filmed in told him his food was rubbish. All the time he's cooking he’s translating all the abuse she’s giving him. Finishes the recipe and she says to him “look, I saw how you cooked that, I know it’s going to be awful” tastes it and says something like "it needs salt, it needs pepper, it needs herbs!" Then she cooks him a proper one.

He tastes it and says “yes, she’s right, mine looks like scrambled eggs with ratatouille and tastes like it, hers is much better”.

Legend

lol i remember that one! The badboy of tv chefs will be missed!

RIP!

Associate
Absolutely loved his honesty, seemed a genuinely good guy and he really does put some of the current generation of tv chefs to shame.

RIP Keith :(.

Soldato
RIP Keith, as a Chef myself, I have known your work for many years. You used to be one of the best and one of the first and finest celebrity Chef's really to speak off. I think A lot of modern TV chefs owe a living to him.

May you Rest In Peace with a glass or two of your finest vino.

God Speed.

Chef.

Last edited:
Soldato
First Feynman, now Floyd, all my personal heros are kicking the bucket :(

I think the term Legend really applied to Keith.

Associate
He was the best tv chef out there, got involved with the people around him, and looked like he really enjoyed himself.
I'm glad he went out the way he did, and not a slow grind down with the big C.

Caporegime
He always livened up cooking and brought a certain panache and zest to the programmes that you don't always get, even today. RIP fella.

Back
Top Bottom