1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP my girlfriend's grandma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beansprout, 6 May 2006.

1. Beansprout

Man of Honour

My girlfriend's grandma died earlier today. I only met her briefly but she was a good person with lots of caring family living close by, in a small village in between mountains, near Mexico City.

RIP :(

2. iCraig

PermaBanned

:( R.I.P

3. RandomTom

Sgarrista

Rest In Peace grandma, tell your girlfriend to remember all the good memories she has of her and don't dwell on the passing.

4. Haly

Woman of Honour

:( RIP
    Give your girlfriend a virtual hug from me.

5. Replicant

Hitman

R.I.P :(

6. agw_01

Capodecina

Are you?

RIP Grandma :(

7. OV3RCLOCK3R

PermaBanned

R.I.P :(

8. zetec452

Sgarrista

Grandparents rule. :cool:

R.I.P

9. Creature

Mobster

If you don't have anything nice to post, don't post it. To be honest, I don't care about yours, but i'll still post "Sorry to hear that" when she passes on.

Anyway, R.I.P girfriends grandma :(

10. iCraig

PermaBanned

Its not about caring for them, its about showing sympathy and support to someone we know. I'm going to bite my tongue, as this thread is for kind wishes to Beansprout and his girlfriend.

11. Oblivious

PermaBanned

You exactly the kind of person, who I dont want to see posting on these forums.
    There is a time and a place, time and a place.

Sorry to hear of your girlfriends loss Beansprout. Ignore this pilock.

12. iCraig

PermaBanned

This is an online community, alot of us know Beansprout and I think its nice for him to recieve good wishes for him and his partner from the people he knows online.

This thread is obviously a place to express our sympathy, and if you don't want to do that. Fine, but don't start posting insensitive things, this isn't the time.

13. starscream

PermaBanned

Sorry to hear that. Hope she had a nice life :)

14. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

Indeed, the OcUK forums have a community where people do care, Lithium's comments just seems to undermine all of that.

RIP

Burnsy

15. Oblivious

PermaBanned

Time and a place, if you want to debate this feel free to open another thread, or email me using the email in my trust.

Behind every computer, there is a real person. With feelings.

16. iCraig

PermaBanned

You have no idea how this community works, so stop speaking for the rest of us. It means something to me, and I'm genuinely sorry to hear of his girlfriends loss. Now seriously, if you're just going to pick at this - please stop posting.

17. Beansprout

Man of Honour

No, it's not. Trust me, if I was with my girlfriend and she was with her family I probably wouldn't post on here but - when I'm alone in this house, she's alone, and her grandma is far away, even the cold emotionless person that is me can feel a little sad and need to let it out to a community I like and support, and spend a lot of time with (duh, see my user title.)

So, while I appreciate that you might think it slightly odd, and indeed it may be, I don't really care and would ask that you have a little more faith in humanity and a little less cynicism :)

Lithium - feel free to debate it if it's really "just the internet" to you but to me it's a collection of human beings and if anything the one thing everyone has in common is mortality. You may think you're a cold fish but really, deep down, you know you can't help but feel a little bit sad when someone you don't know dies, even if your expression is indifferent. That's just like me.

I could also bet you that a lot of people do care. If not, why do we hear so many stories on the news which concern deaths?

Anyway, thanks for all the posts from everyone else. Spoke to my girlfriend earlier and they're doing alright, it wasn't too unexpected.

Lots of virtual hugs given :D

18. PeterNem

Sgarrista

RIP

Glad your girlfriend seems to be doing not too bad with the news, give her lots of support and be there for her dude - although I'm sure you don't need telling this.

19. Freefaller

Man of Honour

Sorry to hear about that Mr Sprout. Hope you're able to console your girlfriend and are able to be strong for her. :)

20. Beansprout

Man of Honour

I guess I should post a thread, "Killer relationship problem" :D :eek: