RIP Stephen Gately

Associate
You must live in a disney cartoon....a tenner says massive OD with some kind of asphixiation bondage foreplay.

too young to die though

fair enough if thats what you believe, but why say it, not very respectful.

but in my oppinion your the one living in the fantasy world if you believe that every gay that dies must have died doing some drug enduced S&M

Soldato
Not a huge fan of Boyzone - some of the stuff was ok. As others have said though 33 is no age at all and no-one deserves to go that young.

RIP Stephen :mad:

As for suggestions to COD perhaps we should wait for the results of the autopsy rather than speculating foolishly !

No one on this forum, I believe, would have known him well enough to see behind his public face and know exactly what did or did not go on behind closed doors

Last edited:
Soldato
RIP

My sister was obsessed by Boyzone, being a young teenager when they were in their prime and she had a real thing for Stephen Gateley. For her 15th birthday I wrote to him and asked him to sign a card for her - got it back signed and a signed picture of the whole band a week later!

The above made me think he was a good bloke compared to most celebrities!

Soldato
I hope you two come back and apologise when the post mortem has been had because there is no way it would have had anything to do with drugs. Not that i'm claiming to have known him personally but I do know he was very anti drugs.

So you dismiss the possibility that it could've been drugs but not the possibility that it could've been a 'sexual mishap', a la Michael Hutchence. Interesting...

Soldato
So you dismiss the possibility that it could've been drugs but not the possibility that it could've been a 'sexual mishap', a la Michael Hutchence. Interesting...

Im dismissing any kind of suggestions until there has been a post mortem, I just know it wouldn't have been drugs related. Police are saying no suspicious circumstances though, so surely if it had been something like that then they wouldnt have come out and said that.

Soldato
I tend to agree with the others here, although it's not exactly good taste to be speculating about how he died. There's something about a 33 year old celebrity suddenly dying after a night out having a few beers that seems to be a strikes me as a little odd.

I'd say suggesting drugs is out of the question is just as silly as suggesting drugs are what caused this without any proof.

Soldato
Guys - someone has died. If you can't say anything nice then don't post. I am not even a fan of his (didn't listen to his stuff) but still, a little respect?

Back
Top Bottom