RIP

Associate
big_white_dog84 said:
Not the first victim of trigger happy armed police, and he won't be the last.

Two others spring to mind - the naked man on his balcony and the Scottish 'Irishman' carrying the table leg.

Not the first post from someone who has no idea until they're in that kind of situation with all the facts to hand and certainly won't be the last.

Soldato
R124/LA420 said:
Aye, but the coppers that attended the scene did'nt pop 7 bullets into his head. :(

As harsh as this sounds though, they didn't have a choice as they believed he was a terrorist and the only way to stop one is to put a couple of rounds into their head, imagine if he had been a terrorist and the police did nothing, everyone would be up in arms. Should save this for another thread though. RIP

Permabanned
Nathan said:
Shouldnt run away from police with guns tbh.

Surely he was guilty for something, which hasn't come to light.

Any respectful englishman would stop once confronted by armed police, else expect to be taken down. I know I certainly would.

Soldato
If some of you think this is irrelevant, think again. This regrettable event has wrecked peoples' lives and will have far-reaching consequences with regards to how the Police's armed response teams act in future. The evidence so far shows that the guy was an innocent individual who died as a result of a number of failures and an attitude borne of the current terrorist threat from people who live and work amongst us. IMO, we and our Police force are far better off remembering this particular death of an innocent civilian than simply consigning it to history.

Soldato
ffs. Everyone knew the police had a shoot to kill policy after the bombs. Why then, do you STILL run away from police pointing guns at you I will never know?! Not saying he deserved dying, just he should not have ran. Besides wasnt he an immigrant? One down 10000000 to go?

Consigliere
Superdude said:
I still don't get why the officers who did the shooting are close to being charged with manslaughter. They were given the green light by a superior officer to open fire and were just doing thier job.

Mistake or not

Agree with your comment Superdude. But also i would like to add RIP.

Back
Top Bottom