• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA Aorus 1080ti

Associate
Hi

Just signed up to this forum in the hopes someone can help me out or point me in the right direction as to what to do here.

So, I have an Aorus 1080ti GPU, which recently has begun crashing under stock clocks, and power limit. the second I under clock, moving the core and memory clocks down, as well as power limit, it runs fine. The performance has also been noticeably worse.

I spoke to a friend who tested everything for me and has told me to try and RMA the GPU, as that seems to be the problem. Unfortunately, my uncle who gifted the GPU to me passed away last September. I have no access to the invoice, which is required by Aorus. I cant seem to find a phone number or such to try to call Aorus and explain the issue.

I dont have the box to the GPU, and cant seem to locate the check number on the actual GPU, wanted to know if there was anyways to find the check number from the actual gpu.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Jumz

Associate
OP
Ahh, I suppose thats better than nothing, thank you.

How do i private message him? Im still a bit lost on how to get in contact without having registered it.

Soldato
Do you know where it was purchased from by any chance? If you still have the box, some suppliers put stock codes on the box as well. If you can figure out where it came from, you could try to get a copy of it from them.

Associate
Do you know where it was purchased from by any chance? If you still have the box, some suppliers put stock codes on the box as well. If you can figure out where it came from, you could try to get a copy of it from them.
good call, gigabyte will be able to tell the manufacture date from the serial number on the card which is on the back plate if I remember correctly

Associate
OP
I'm pretty sure it was from Amazon, if i went into a live chat with them do you think they would be able to give me the check code?

Soldato
Hi

Just signed up to this forum in the hopes someone can help me out or point me in the right direction as to what to do here.

So, I have an Aorus 1080ti GPU, which recently has begun crashing under stock clocks, and power limit. the second I under clock, moving the core and memory clocks down, as well as power limit, it runs fine. The performance has also been noticeably worse.

I spoke to a friend who tested everything for me and has told me to try and RMA the GPU, as that seems to be the problem. Unfortunately, my uncle who gifted the GPU to me passed away last September. I have no access to the invoice, which is required by Aorus. I cant seem to find a phone number or such to try to call Aorus and explain the issue.

I dont have the box to the GPU, and cant seem to locate the check number on the actual GPU, wanted to know if there was anyways to find the check number from the actual gpu.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Jumz

Before you go through the whole process. By Aorus 1080Ti you mean the Xtreme? Have you tried to upgrade to the latest bios?
Have you observed temperatures going high up? Have you clean the heatsink with compressed air?
What is your power supply unit? Because 1080Ti Xtreme burns 330W happily and need good PSU with solid power distribution. And it's limit is set to 375W.

So a weakling 650W PSU might have issues if you pair it with a 8000 or 9000 series Intel 6+ core CPU.

And last thing. Have you used DDU to wipe out the drivers in windows safe mode, uninstall MSI AB and let the card run?

Back
Top Bottom